By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 38, 2024 (Sep 16 - Sep 22)

Astro Bot definitely becoming a PlayStation 5 evergreen. Heck, with those drops, this can have the legs of a Nintendo Switch evergreen.

Around the Network

Good thing the PS5 has Wilds in a few months cause things look dire right now. Though with that being on PC day one this time its impact could easily be less than Worlds. Also the Switch's next week should be quite nice though after that the following few shouldn't be anything special.

jvmkdg said:

My God what happened with the ps5? Sony shot itself in the foot by increasing the price of the ps5, they will have to go back on this decision and accept losing money on hardware to win on software. This shows how sensitive the price increase is to the consumer. They need to reverse this price urgently

There is no PS5 software selling in Japan. Sony probably did the calculations for how many games are being sold on PS5 and decided it was not recovering the loses on Hardware side

Switch on his way to be 1M ahead of DS' sales. And to think that we were expecting it to outsell the DS less than 6 months ago

archbrix said:

I think that the PS5 can wave bye-bye to reaching 1.5m for the year in Japan and it is most probable that it ships below 1m in 2025.

I wonder how many units the PS5 pro will sell in Japan at least in it's first few months.

Around the Network
123tbones said:

Astro Bot definitely becoming a PlayStation 5 evergreen. Heck, with those drops, this can have the legs of a Nintendo Switch evergreen.

Well Astro Bot is basically like a Nintendo game with a different coat of paint, so that makes sense

rapsuperstar31 said:
archbrix said:

I think that the PS5 can wave bye-bye to reaching 1.5m for the year in Japan and it is most probable that it ships below 1m in 2025.

I wonder how many units the PS5 pro will sell in Japan at least in it's first few months.

I can't imagine it going over well in Japan with that price.  I'd be surprised if even its launch week is above Switch with Echoes and the Zelda-Lite having just released.- EDIT:  Oops, just realized the Pro launches on Nov 7th... same day as Mario & Luigi Brothership.  Maybe with the 30th anniversary editions things may pick up for a week or two but those high price-tags + no big games until Monster Hunter...

And the thing about Wilds is, while it's definitely coming to the PS5 first since Switch 2 won't be out by then, I think that the reveal trailer for Switch 2 will be.  And it's there (or around that time anyway) that I think we'll see that MHW is coming to Nintendo's new system.  Just my prediction but that would significantly stunt the sales of what the PS5 version would sell otherwise.

I think these weekly ~10k baselines for the PS5 will be pretty common next year.

Last edited by archbrix - on 26 September 2024

Astro’s got some legs…hoping it can carry this momentum, though I don’t see it passing 100k in Japan.

PS5 dead in the water.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games