By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 32+33, 2024 (Aug 05 - Aug 18)

Does well in Japan, but the rest of the world still in PS5 and Xbox mode.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Does well in Japan, but the rest of the world still in PS5 and Xbox mode.

Switch is outselling Xbox in Europe too, technically.

PS5 and XBS are nearly four years younger than the Switch; it's not surprising PS5 at least is posting higher numbers than a system that's well passed it's 7th birthday. 

Chicho said:

Now that's a tight race between 2023 and 2024

curl-6 said:

Switch is outselling Xbox in Europe too, technically.

PS5 and XBS are nearly four years younger than the Switch; it's not surprising PS5 at least is posting higher numbers than a system that's well passed it's 7th birthday. 

Switch is outselling it in Europe more than 2:1 so far for the year.

The Japan only numbers for the Switch are almost on par with the US + EU numbers of the XBSX for the year so far.

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart / Quantity of Games

OP updated. We now have top 30 software for each of the two weeks, but hardware is still combined. HW splits will likely be known at next week's update.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

next week Switch should pass the PS5 last year to date total! and is 60k sales per week is stable it should also pass Switch 2019 total (to date)

Switch!!!

If the PS5 jumps in the next few weeks (around the time Black Myth releases in China) we'll have a good measure of how many consoles are actually being shipped from Japan to the rest of Asia. I suspect they're a significant part of Japan sales at the moment---perhaps as much as 50%.

haxxiy said:

If the PS5 jumps in the next few weeks (around the time Black Myth releases in China) we'll have a good measure of how many consoles are actually being shipped from Japan to the rest of Asia. I suspect they're a significant part of Japan sales at the moment---perhaps as much as 50%.

It should jump regardless of China. Dragonball got a big following due to Wukong (Goku). Plus all the Chinese-Japanese living in Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Japan

Not a single PS5 game in the top 30 for the week ending 18th of August, so nothing on the platform sold more than 2289 physical copies in the whole country for that week.

Power Pros doing well on Switch, making it to #1 in it's 5th week even against evergreen giants like Mario Kart and Momotaro.

haxxiy said:

I had this same thought too with all the reports of PS5 selling out in China.