By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Presents 2024

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Honestly while I'm glad they're not rushing out a title this year it makes it all the more baffling that they're not adding Pokémon games to NSO. It should not be underestimated how much excitement that would bring, the series has a habit of really blowing up whenever gen 1 is involved.

Agreed. Red/Blue/Green/Yellow on NSO would be amazing. But I think they won’t because NSO has backtracking. So that can lead to making duplicate Pokémon. And they aren’t about that. I would expect Pokémon Stadium, Colosseum, or a small game like Puzzle to release on NSO eventually. Just not this year.  

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network

Pokemon company probably wants a different section on NSO for additional payment on the 1st gen titles

We reap what we sow

IcaroRibeiro said:

So no pokemon for later half the year either

I think there will be no big holiday title for Switch this year

Metroid Prime 4 will save the day.

(let me dream)

Z-A will be set entirely within Lumiose City. I hope that means that they're going to take the time to make a smaller area that feels very vibrant, lived in, and most-importantly, well-programmed. Take some inspiration from the Yakuza series.

EDIT: And Zygarde is finally getting its time to shine. Poor thing got big-timed out of relevance between X&Y not getting a third game and becoming an optional sideplot in Sun & Moon (might have even been USUM, I can't remember).

Last edited by burninmylight - on 27 February 2024

If Square Enix can get away with selling six old as fuck Final Fantasy games at 80 dolars... why would Nintendo give their old GB/GBA Pokémon games "for free"?

Around the Network
Zyphe said:

Possibly. Pokemon Legends Z-A could be current Switch And Next Gen. Why would they say releasing simultaneously 2025? 1st ever confirmed Switch 2 Game? BTW the letter "S" at the end of the trailer, will that be the logo for the Next Switch???

That's the symbol for Mega Evolution.

Mega Evolution was a mechanic from gen 6 pokémon, which this game is based on.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 27 February 2024

The real good news here is that Pokemon ain't seeing a release this year. First it happened since ... 2015 !

Maybe they actually went through with a reorganisation like they implied a few months back with these poor game releases.

I'm also expecting Legends Z-A to not be cross gen with the Switch 2 sincerely. They don't have a habit of working on multiple hardware at once for these projects. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but doubtful at best.

However, Switch 2 BC and maybe a next gen patch will make the experience all the better, one can only hope.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Vodacixi said:

If Square Enix can get away with selling six old as fuck Final Fantasy games at 80 dolars... why would Nintendo give their old GB/GBA Pokémon games "for free"?

Because it isn't free, it will literally bring millions more to NSO. And on top of that it will generate a lot of positive buzz which would be super valuable in a "break year" like this.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

If the next system is BC compatible then the title is cross gen by default, they just need to sell it in a different package

IcaroRibeiro said:

If the next system is BC compatible then the title is cross gen by default, they just need to sell it in a different package

Personally I dont think they would make a whole new package for a BC cross gen game. Sounds like too much effort and money.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.