By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokémon Presents 2024

shikamaru317 said:
Mar1217 said:

The real good news here is that Pokemon ain't seeing a release this year. First it happened since ... 2015 !

Maybe they actually went through with a reorganisation like they implied a few months back with these poor game releases.

I'm also expecting Legends Z-A to not be cross gen with the Switch 2 sincerely. They don't have a habit of working on multiple hardware at once for these projects. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but doubtful at best.

However, Switch 2 BC and maybe a next gen patch will make the experience all the better, one can only hope.

I saw where Pokemon Leaker Riddler Khu made a tease that their could be a Pokemon game this year afterall. Some think it could be an ILCA developed Gen 5 remake, hard to say. Odd that they wouldn't announce it today if it's in development though, unless they are saving it for a 2nd Pokemon Presents later in the year. 

Riddler Khu loves to troll as well. Expect the next Presents in Aug. But yes it is a bit strange that they wouldnt announce it yesterday. Seems backwards

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Compare to your claim that Gen 1-3 for $80 would sell for millions....if it were true, they would have done it a long time ago - clearly there's a reason why they have not.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow sold 1.5 mil copies (across 4 versions, 3 in WW and 4 in Japan) - the only known figure since its release. The games were being sold for $10 each on the 3DS back in 2016 (this was before the Switch existed and the 3DS had a high user count - also the games never went on sale unless you were lucky to find a physical retailer who sold them for less like Best Buy did for $7 each.)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/28/pokemon-re-releases-sold-over-15-million-worldwide

I cant find numbers for Pokemon Gold, Silver or Crystal's 3DS re-release anywhere so I'm assuming it flopped in comparison and which is the reason why they stopped making re-releases of the older games.

So either they'll release it on NSO as a way to entice people to join NSO (and to get people who unsubscribed to NSO to come back) or they wont do anything with older versions of games and just focus on mainline games, spinoffs and remakes like they been doing for the past decade.

Interesting, I really didn't know about the re-release figures. Actually I totally forgot they made a 3ds version of the original games. 

Makes me wonder why they're holding a NSO release like some precious gem that needs to be sold separately or is it not feasible to do that while doing other projects? It really doesn't feel that demanding for their management.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 28 February 2024

We reap what we sow

G2ThaUNiT said:
SecondWar said:

Just to note, Puzzle League is already available on NSO.

I still would like to see the Gen3 games on there eventually, or preferably available standalone but...

I know. You kinda repeated what I said lol. Bummer we didn't get anything. I was about to lose my mind when the Unown appeared and I saw what appeared to be a Game Boy era Game Freak logo lol, but that didn't turn out to be the case. 

We'll be lucky if we ever get a mainline Pokémon game on NSO at this point. Here's to hoping Nintendo is holding on to that for the launch of the Switch 2! 

There were a lot of references to Gen 2 honestly. There is one more presents later this year. Maybe they were hinting at a gen 2 game?

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Did they ever make 2 presentations in a year?

Edit: I just googled it. Yeah, they did... last year

Last edited by 160rmf - on 28 February 2024

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:

Did they ever make 2 presentations in a year?

Edit: I just googled it. Yeah, they did... last year

Glad you can do research yourself :)

Yes it was in Aug, so I expect this year's to be in August too. Hopefully their gen 2 hints were meaningful.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:
SecondWar said:

Just to note, Puzzle League is already available on NSO.

I still would like to see the Gen3 games on there eventually, or preferably available standalone but...

I know. You kinda repeated what I said lol. Bummer we didn't get anything. I was about to lose my mind when the Unown appeared and I saw what appeared to be a Game Boy era Game Freak logo lol, but that didn't turn out to be the case. 

We'll be lucky if we ever get a mainline Pokémon game on NSO at this point. Here's to hoping Nintendo is holding on to that for the launch of the Switch 2! 

Sorry, for some reason i thought you said you thought Puzzle League would be released.

I've been doing this a lot lately. Misreading what people have written. I need to pay more attention.

SecondWar said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Sorry, for some reason i thought you said you thought Puzzle League would be released.

I've been doing this a lot lately. Misreading what people have written. I need to pay more attention.

We all need to pay more attention, its not just you. I do as well :)

Honestly, there have been a lot of posts in the past month, its a lot to go through and process. Keep up the great work!

Anyone else thinking Legends Z-A is gonna be cross gen release coming out on Switch 2 launch day?

Seems like it'd be a bit weird if they only launched it on Switch ya know like a month or two before the next system launches. I think it'll join 3D Mario for the launch. Release a Switch version and Switch 2 version with maybe some basic graphical upgrades, on Switch 2 launch day.

Then again maybe Nintendo doesn't want a game with as mediocre visuals as Gamefreak makes them, and which was built for the Switch to be shown off as a next gen launch game next to a graphically far superior 3D Mario. Just weird timing for the game launch if they don't make it cross gen. I'm assuming they aren't going to have a AAA first party game for the holidays this year so it seems like it'd make much more sense to have it be the big holiday game if they aren't making it a cross gen launch game with the next gen version having major graphical upgrades to separate itself from the Switch version.

Slownenberg said:

Anyone else thinking Legends Z-A is gonna be cross gen release coming out on Switch 2 launch day?

Seems like it'd be a bit weird if they only launched it on Switch ya know like a month or two before the next system launches. I think it'll join 3D Mario for the launch. Release a Switch version and Switch 2 version with maybe some basic graphical upgrades, on Switch 2 launch day.

Then again maybe Nintendo doesn't want a game with as mediocre visuals as Gamefreak makes them, and which was built for the Switch to be shown off as a next gen launch game next to a graphically far superior 3D Mario. Just weird timing for the game launch if they don't make it cross gen. I'm assuming they aren't going to have a AAA first party game for the holidays this year so it seems like it'd make much more sense to have it be the big holiday game if they aren't making it a cross gen launch game with the next gen version having major graphical upgrades to separate itself from the Switch version.

Giving it some thought (though my idea could change given more info), I think they want to release Legends Z-A at least at the same time on all Nintendo devices. Pokémon said that it will be released simultaneously worldwide (rather strange wording there), and on their page they said it is for the Nintendo Switch(s), maybe they meant Lite, V2, and OLED but some can take that as including the successor (if its called Switch 2).

By the way the teaser looked (yes I know its rendered but I can dream), it looks to be a more demanding game. Switch (and Game Freak) will have to work extra hard to make it work. But the Successor will be able to run it "smoothly".

But if its not a Successor Launch Title, then they'll probably release it Jan 31 2025 (like Legends Arceus).

Slownenberg said:

I do not, even thought it would make all of the sense.

Black 2 and White 2 came out a full year after the 3DS launched. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came out half a year after the Switch launched. Game Freak and The Pokemon Company absolutely do not care about helping out a brand new Nintendo console, and are dragged kicking and screaming into each new generation.

I could see Legends Z-A being the big holiday game, especially since we have no evidence of anything else at the moment, but it'll say "Nintendo Switch" on the box, not "Switch 2."

I do think that quietly Nintendo doesn't want games with the mediocre visuals and programming that Game Freak makes associated with the Nintendo brand, but there's not a lot that it can do about it. This is all my speculation, but I'd also bet that it doesn't like the frequency of mainline generation releases either. Nintendo doesn't fully own GF or the Pokemon IP though, so all it can do is grit its teeth while collecting its portion of the check.