By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto VI trailer 1 launched early

Dulfite said:

Is it possible to play this game without committing crimes? Like, if I just wanted to do hero quests only, and enjoy the beautiful scenery, is that possible?

I know that wasn't possible with 5, which is why I stopped playing it almost immediately.

And yeah, in aware of the title, but they make such expansive open world games that I'd like to play them if possible.

I know, right? I don't wanna be some punk criminal either. Robbing and murdering ain't so cute to me. I guess they could make a police or FBI side to the narrative, but that's just not exciting.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Why did GTA5 never make it to the Switch? Is it the high install size? (72GB to 94GB, 76GB on PS4) GTA Trilogy on Switch is 25.4GB.
Maximum cart size is 64GB, biggest game (file size) on Switch currently is NBA 2K23 at 53.7GB. (outlier)

I guess it depends on the storage solution for Switch 2. I imagine GTA6 to have quite a hefty file size.

I believe they don't like Nintendo philosophy regarding console design and bussines approach 

Get most of their money from online multi-player and find Nintendo network to be too tiresome to work with their already existing infrastructure 

And also absolutely don't need Nintendo for anything.  Most of 3rd parties release multiplats because they simply need more money or more mindshare. Not the case here. 

Dante9 said:
Dulfite said:

Is it possible to play this game without committing crimes? Like, if I just wanted to do hero quests only, and enjoy the beautiful scenery, is that possible?

I know that wasn't possible with 5, which is why I stopped playing it almost immediately.

And yeah, in aware of the title, but they make such expansive open world games that I'd like to play them if possible.

I know, right? I don't wanna be some punk criminal either. Robbing and murdering ain't so cute to me. I guess they could make a police or FBI side to the narrative, but that's just not exciting.

In Sleeping Dogs you play as an undercover cop in Hong Kong. I actually liked it more than GTA V, partly because of amazing rendition of Hong Kong, partly because it has great martial arts implementation. It doesn't have branching, like its predecessor True Crime: Streets of LA, where, depending on your "Good/Bad Cop" meter, narrative can change, but it was still a great experience.

Though, to be honest, I don't have a problem playing criminals more than playing evil playthroughs in RPGs.

Dante9 said:
Dulfite said:

I would really enjoy getting to play as a cop. A good one, not a dirty one.

green_sky said:

No pc version. Maybe 2026-2027 lol. Amazing.

Back in days you could understand as pc's and consoles had different architectures.

I knew they were going to do this, I mean when was the last time they shipped both platform versions at the same time?, I really can't think of a time when they did.

They will have likely run the numbers well before any of this to know full well that people will double or even triple dip for their games, so they'll continue to stay on that course, even if it means treating PC as some last minute place to ask full price for something that will be 2-4 years old by time of release (and they'll have the balls to ask full price as well, like they did for RDR2). 

I gave up on R* games when they started demanding I install their shitty "launcher" client to play their games. I already launch GTA V from Steam, I do not need nor ask for there to be another client standing in my way to playing the game itself. Since they implemented that client, I uninstalled GTA V and haven't played a R* game since (not even RDR2, much as I'd like to play it, I really cba with their extra hoop crap and pricing).

I'm also expecting them to make the game launch exclusively on R* client first, then EGS as a dual exclusive, and then eventually Steam a year or so later (because maximum profits and all that jazz). 

The visuals are definitely impressive, but at the same time I can only imagine the game demanding much more from higher end hardware compared to the low and mid range (even high range at this point is likely going to be a gamble, and we all know how high end now has to rely on AI to do anything remotely passable in framerate). Either way I'm likely going to skip this like I skipped RDR2, because 1: I don't have the hw for it, 2: R* doesn't respect my time, and 3: Jumping through hoops is getting old and I cba with that anymore. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Pinkie_pie said:

So you think your prediction is solid base on a rumour (which you hate)that Nintendo next console could be in the same level as ps5 and Xbox series? Why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U or switch launch ? The switch is one of the most popular consoles ever if not the most popular and is powerful enough to run GTA5 but rockstar didn't even care. Nintendo next console will be a handheld and therefore it will be no where near the PS5 and Xbox series in power. At the moment there's a 0.071% chance GTA 6 is a launch title for Nintendo's next console 

Fun fact:
The Only Grand Theft Auto games that have ever released on Nintendo's home consoles is:

* Grand Theft Auto Trilogy - The Definitive Edition. - Which was absolute garbage.

They did release Grand Theft Auto Advance... Which was pretty mediocre and Grand Theft Auto 1+2 on Gameboy Colour which again was fairly average.

Nintendo has just never been on Rockstars radar.

Case in point: There was ZERO technical reason why GTA 3 and Vice city could not have been released on the Gamecube at the same time as the Playstation 2 and Original Xbox console releases.

So anyone hoping for GTA 4 or 5 on WiiU/Switch is pretty much having that hope misplaced... And I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar skipped the Switch successor as well.

And let's face it, Rockstar hasn't needed Nintendo to make Grand Theft Auto one of the best selling games of all time anyway.

Dont forget, Chinatown Wars was also on Nintendo DS.

rockstar makes the best open world by far, and while read dead 2 was stunning it was pretty boring cause all you can do is ride a horse. this will have airplanes, jets, tanks, sports cars and jet skies , plus florida wild life this will be amazing.

The only part that can be exciting to me in these GTA games are the immerse gameplay systems but it's also gotta be taken lightly because they went too far to borderline tedium in RDR2, so we'll see how it goes but honestly don't be surprised about the delayed release of the PC version.

They just want a maximum of you to double dip to make the most money possible.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

One very good and professional review on the GTA IV, I strongly recommend:

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts / 140M+ Club Chart

Shtinamin_ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

So you think your prediction is solid base on a rumour (which you hate)that Nintendo next console could be in the same level as ps5 and Xbox series? Why didn't Rockstar port GTA5 for the wii U or switch launch ? The switch is one of the most popular consoles ever if not the most popular and is powerful enough to run GTA5 but rockstar didn't even care. Nintendo next console will be a handheld and therefore it will be no where near the PS5 and Xbox series in power. At the moment there's a 0.071% chance GTA 6 is a launch title for Nintendo's next console 

I said I take rumors with a grain of salt, and that I dislike getting rumors and leaks as well (it ruins the fun, and I don't like to get the future spoiled).
But the rumors that have come out are very credible. Yes, considering DLSS and ray tracing. It very well could be.
Nintendo hasn't tried to make a next gen console since the Gamecube, and they did. It was more powerful that the PS2 and Xbox 360, but their audience didnt match the audience of the 3rd party developers. Same with the WiiU, which is another reason why both flopped. With the Switch the 3rd party developers made a business decision to not put anything on the Switch immediately due to the worry that the Switch will flop, like the WiiU did.

Rockstar has started to show some respect to the Switch, by putting out their older software titles that sold well, L.A. Noire, GTA The Definitive Edition and Red Dead Redemption. This is to test the waters and see just what kind of audience the Switch has accumulated over these 7 years. 

After they see what the audience looks like they will make their decision to either distribute to NG or not. I personally think that they will decide to support the NG.

Where did 0.071% come from?

Expact GTA5 and nothing more from R* on the Switch 2 and you wont be disappointed..

Sucks that R* is once again leaving the PC port late but at least we know we will get a good port when they do.