By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Princess Peach: Showtime launches on Switch 22nd of March 2024

This seems conceptual a bit like Balan's Wonderworld, but with a lot more polish as far as I can tell. I think that concept can be fun, if done right.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It looks adorable and fun. I will probably get it around launch. I hope it's not too simple.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It looks great !
Another 5-7 million seller me thinks

The theater setting looks cool, need to see more on the game pacing 

Last edited by 160rmf - on 20 September 2023

We reap what we sow

Yeah I really like the stage play framing device as well, it reminds me pleasantly of Puppeteer, a really awesome and underrated late PS3 title.

Hopefully Showtime can showcase a similar creativity to that game.

Regarding the developer, another possibility is its being done by Grezzo or TOSE.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yeah I really like the stage play framing device as well, it reminds me pleasantly of Puppeteer, a really awesome and underrated late PS3 title.

Regarding the developer, another possibility is its being done by Grezzo or TOSE.

I think Grezzo is hard at work on Oracle of Ages/Seasons remakes and what was the last fully developed TOSE game? Aren’t they more of a support/port studio these days?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

I think Grezzo is hard at work on Oracle of Ages/Seasons remakes and what was the last fully developed TOSE game? Aren’t they more of a support/port studio these days?

TOSE do a lot of contract work where they're not necessarily credited as co-developer but a large amount of work is done by them. I can see them taking on the grunt work in Showtime with EPD in the manager's seat.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 September 2023

Those the official game page specify the devs who are working on this game or does it just say Nintendo ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Those the official game page specify the devs who are working on this game or does it just say Nintendo ?

Nah it only lists the publisher. (Nintendo, obvs)

Out of Nintendo's latest showcase, this was the title that interested me the most, mainly because it seemed the most unique. The theater backdrop is what makes the difference here for me.

Super Princess Peach massively disappointed me back in the day. This looks a lot more promising, and interesting. Has sparked my curiosity.