By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Princess Peach: Showtime launches on Switch 22nd of March 2024

This is the kind of game that can be greater than the sum of its parts. It looks like a bag of surprise with its varying gameplay styles.

The tradeoff with such variety is that no individual part will be able to compete with the gameplay of a dedicated genre-game. Execution is key here, because it's not as easy as it sounds to put so many different gameplay styles under one umbrella and make it consistently fun.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

This is the kind of game that can be greater than the sum of its parts. It looks like a bag of surprise with its varying gameplay styles.

The tradeoff with such variety is that no individual part will be able to compete with the gameplay of a dedicated genre-game. Execution is key here, because it's not as easy as it sounds to put so many different gameplay styles under one umbrella and make it consistently fun.

I think one of the latest title in the genre of "diversifying your gameplay structure as often as necessary", It Takes Two did wonderfully with it's ideas so it's not like this would be an impossible task from the get go.

I think it'll mostly depend on the pace of each sections and how much depth their willing to give to each of these.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
RolStoppable said:

I think one of the latest title in the genre of "diversifying your gameplay structure as often as necessary", It Takes Two did wonderfully with it's ideas so it's not like this would be an impossible task from the get go.

I think it'll mostly depend on the pace of each sections and how much depth their willing to give to each of these.

Yeah It Takes Two was brilliant in this way, and really felt like the closest any Western game I've played has come to feeling like a Nintendo game in the way it toyed with gameplay ideas, developed each one, then moved on to the next. Kirby and 3D Mario do this particularly well.

Nintendo has a strong track record with this mode of game design so it's definitely possible for them to make each costume transformation fun. 

It's also cool to see them doing something different with Peach's character; something that differentiates her from Mario.

New trailer and gameplay of the various transformations:

Nintendo is just like what if we took some ideas from Balan Wonderland and Puppeteer?  But made a game that isn't hot garbage like Balan. Btw that villain at the very beginning does remind me of the art from NiGHTS and Balan.

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 January 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I will buy this

Happy the princess is getting her due.

BiON!@ 

More costumes and gameplay

The game has also been confirmed to run on Unreal Engine 4: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/02/nintendos-new-princess-peach-game-appears-to-be-powered-by-unreal-engine

A demo for the game is out now on the eshop!

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/32878-princess-peach-showtime-free-demo-available-new-trailer-and-commercial-shared

If you give it a go, please share your thoughts! I'll be taking it for a spin tonight once I'm done with the day's tasks.

There's also a new overview trailer:

I missed out on Super Princess Peach back in the day, so I won't make the same mistake this time around.

I am super stoked for Princess Peach Showtime. It looks like a great blend of various genres and reminds me more of Kirby than Mario with all the costumes.