By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - A reactionary post, I guess.

numberwang said:

The Covid topic is dead. That was used in 2020 to fortify the election.

All major media operatives have signaled to their Twitter Karens and Reddit science-believers to knock it off. It's over.

Most countries with more intense lockdowns ended with higher all cause mortality. Vaccines increased all-cause mortality as well (compare 2021 to 2020) and did not make Covid go away as promised. Anyway, the science has changed Biden is President, so that topic is dead now and we will be presented with new topics soon. Maybe Russia or CO2, let's see what sticks.

>The Covid topic is dead. That was used in 2020 to fortify the election.

Yes, the entire world shut down to help the US's 2020 election. 

>Most countries with more intense lockdowns ended with higher all cause mortality

Assuming there's any truth to this at all, perhaps it could also be the case that countries that had a higher mortality were more likely to implement lockdowns?

> Vaccines increased all-cause mortality as well (compare 2021 to 2020)

This is not how you can determine vaccine effectiveness. You're ignoring that viruses spread exponentially. So even if they're 50% effective at reducing death rates, the overall exponential factor is still going to cause an increase. In other words you need to compare what 2021 would have been without the vaccines, versus how it actually was. And the best you can do that, by comparing the vaccinated mortality rate vs the unvaccinated mortality rate of the same year. 

>did not make Covid go away as promised

It certainly helps that new variants were much more resistant to immunity that was built up by vaccines or getting sick. Maybe we could have done something to prevent new variants from popping up.

>the science has changed Biden is President

He's been president for a year, and covid got worse. So what does that say?

>CO2

Implying that climate change is not a real issue?

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 11 February 2022

Around the Network
numberwang said:

The Covid topic is dead. That was used in 2020 to fortify the election.

All major media operatives have signaled to their Twitter Karens and Reddit science-believers to knock it off. It's over.

Most countries with more intense lockdowns ended with higher all cause mortality. Vaccines increased all-cause mortality as well (compare 2021 to 2020) and did not make Covid go away as promised. Anyway, the science has changed Biden is President, so that topic is dead now and we will be presented with new topics soon. Maybe Russia or CO2, let's see what sticks.

The whole point of this convoy is that we're still talking about Covid and doing shit about it. Why do we continue to suffer this troll?

Jumpin said:

I think I recall Canada being a particularly strict country when it came to protests. Didn’t they send in their military to destroy the native North American protests? I’m assuming they won’t have double standards against these guys.

The Gov considered it, but because the truckers and supporters are more Texan like, they decided not to chance pushing those buttons. Best decision they've made in a long long time.

Like I said earlier. The Canadian protestors aren't even mad yet and the Gov knows it. So you're the Gov, you definitely don't want to be the one who makes them turn green, because if they go hulk, everything's getting smashed. There's no reason for Gov if there's nothing left to govern over.

There's no off button at that point either. Only extreme fatigue will cure that problem here.

Protesting in Toronto was a bridge too far you say Mr Prime Minister?...

How about Windsor?...

Anywhere else you'd like us to visit?...

EricHiggin said:

How about Windsor?...

If that's a protest, it looks like the most limp-dicked protest I've ever seen.

Honestly, without being given the context, I'd have thought it was a very weak attempt at celebrating a medal win at the Olympics. I mean, these guys celebrating a gold medal win, in another part of Canada, put that "protest" to absolute shame.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 11 February 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
EricHiggin said:

How about Windsor?...

If that's a protest, it looks like the most limp-dicked protest I've ever seen.

Honestly, without being given the context, I'd have thought it was a very weak attempt at celebrating a medal win at the Olympics. I mean, these guys celebrating a gold medal win, in another part of Canada, put that "protest" to absolute shame.

They're Canadians. This is as impolite as they get.

If those aren't (acceptable) protests, were these?

[Redacted 9/11 image]

Perhaps I'm confused. What do vaccines do?

~Edit~
User was banned for this post - Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 18 February 2022

EricHiggin said:

If those aren't (acceptable) protests, were these?

Perhaps I'm confused. What do vaccines do?

No. Obviously fucking no. Who said anything even remotely fucking suggesting 9/11 was acceptable? There is no way this can be anything but intentional trolling. I refuse to believe that anyone thought that was a cogent point. 

If you legitimately don't know what the fuck a vaccine does and aren't starting a round of endless question trolling, fucking google it. Go see your physician. Nobody here is a doctor. And how bout you don't post images of terrorist attacks to try to score internet points because it's a fucking gross thing to do.

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 12 February 2022

I don't agree with the goal of the trucker protests and think mask mandates and vaccines are a small price to pay, to control this pandemic. That said, I also think that villifying the protests isn't helping. The people should be in their right to protest politics they don't agree with. Just should be aware, that their protest might be fruitless.

All over the world, but especially in america, the politics seems to polarize more and more. This mindset spread: "If you are not with us, you are against us." And that is a horrible mindset. My guess is, that the main politic directions have become that similar, that they have to artificially exxagerate their differences. Evren though democrats now have the white house and the majority in congress, there still isn't any progress for single payer healthcare, free education and more workers rights.

Don't let you all be fooled, all this strong distinctions that are made publically are painting over the reality, that neither political side in most north american and european countries is tackling major political reforms. The capitalist system is failing more and more and everythign the parties are offering are band-aids, while the publicly strongly struggle about the color of the band-aid. Nothing showed the failure of politics more than the pandemic, that was poorly handled in north america and europe for the most part.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JWeinCom said:

This line cracks me up: ".. and they both came from good families!"

That is hilarious.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]