By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

Better sales than I expected for all 3, well I was hoping for 800k+ for PS5 but wasn't completely convinced.

Very good week!

Around the Network

Considering the circumstances this is a damn good week though it does seem like this holiday will still be disappointing for the PS5 but not outright bad by any means thankfully. Something is it seems the numbers in the weekly chart index are outdated since they show something different for November 29th 2014.

Edit: Well adjustments happened and this week went from good to bad so that's a shame.

Last edited by Norion - on 13 December 2021

trunkswd said:
Norion said:

Considering the circumstances this is a damn good week though it does seem like this holiday will still be disappointing for the PS5 but not outright bad by any means thankfully. Something is it seems the numbers in the weekly chart index are outdated since they show something different for November 29th 2014.

Interesting. You are right with the old weekly chart index showing different numbers. I pulled the numbers directly from our database.

My guess is the ones in the database got adjusted but the ones in the index haven't so I'll make sure to check the hardware by date page as well from now on.

I was impressed for XSeries.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Xbox fans can celebrate twice: Xbox Series outsold the PS5 for the first time, and it crossed the 10 million mark.

I know the stock helped it, but even so, that was a victory.

Around the Network

Switch should hit 100 Million sales soon. Amazing performance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I'm surprised Switch exceeded 1.6m. In my area Switch was sold out almost immediately on Black Friday. The pent up demand for Switch is huge.

I knew X|S would outsell PS5 in the US, but worldwide? Damn. Congrats to XBox.

PS5 is still 272k ahead of PS4 launch aligned. It will be interesting to see if there is enough stock throughout December to remain ahead or if it will fall behind. Though I'm confident it can retake the fastest selling playstation crown in 2022 if it falls behind this month.

Nice numbers all around. Thanks, Trunks.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Great numbers overall. On the prediction thread I predicted switch over 1.6m and Xbox/PS5 over 800k so I was right. Wonder if Xbox can outsell the PS5 another week this year.