By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

Damn I lost the bet. But the more the better. The Switch is less down from last year than I expected.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Damn I lost the bet. But the more the better. The Switch is less down from last year than I expected.

Saaame, stings to lose because switch sold 1.61m instead of 1.6m lol.

I used to get into Black Friday comparisons to see who could sell the most. I didn't know it's really about who can make the most lol.

On the road to 100M, this will be epic

SKMBlake said:

On the road to 100M, this will be epic

Yeah 3 more weeks will do it, 102.5m by the end of December.

Around the Network

3m until 100m for NS.

The Series S got a lot of flack for even existing by some enthusiasts, but I think weeks like this vindicate Microsoft’s decision to make it. It may never be appealing to an enthusiast gamer but I don’t think it has to be.

aTokenYeti said:

The Series S got a lot of flack for even existing by some enthusiasts, but I think weeks like this vindicate Microsoft’s decision to make it. It may never be appealing to an enthusiast gamer but I don’t think it has to be.

I view myself as a pretty enthusiast gamer and I love it lol. Not an enthusiast gamer with a ton of money to spend otherwise yeah obviously I'd have got a Series X (if I could find one). But on it's own merit the Series S is a great device, probably the greatest value console in a long time.

Xbox Series making it to second place wasn't something I expected. Then again, America is its bread and butter and it was a big week. That and the Xbox seems easier to get a hold of.
Switch was very close to last year, and that makes sense. 2021 looks to be slightly down from 2020 (the peak of the Switch).
PS5 is nothing to sneeze at, but sits at third place.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Did they undersupply PS5s in Europe? I would have imagine their numbers would be higher, considering how strong Playstation is in Europe. All of this supply issues are making Sony lose a lot of possible momentum.

Also, dang, those japanese PS5 numbers are bad. Japan has trully become a region for portables.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.