By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

Darwinianevolution said:

Did they undersupply PS5s in Europe? I would have imagine their numbers would be higher, considering how strong Playstation is in Europe. All of this supply issues are making Sony lose a lot of possible momentum.

Also, dang, those japanese PS5 numbers are bad. Japan has trully become a region for portables.

Yes they prioritised USA for stock for BF. Which makes sense as BF is a bigger deal in the USA than here.

Series S alone had more stock than PS5 in the UK for BF.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Did they undersupply PS5s in Europe? I would have imagine their numbers would be higher, considering how strong Playstation is in Europe. All of this supply issues are making Sony lose a lot of possible momentum.

Also, dang, those japanese PS5 numbers are bad. Japan has trully become a region for portables.

Yes they prioritised USA for stock for BF. Which makes sense as BF is a bigger deal in the USA than here.

Series S alone had more stock than PS5 in the UK for BF.

Fair enough, but they are still quite undersupplied. The worldwide difference between XBox XS and PS5 is around 60k, if Europe was better supplied, they would have easily got the better sales. The chip drought is real.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

aTokenYeti said:

The Series S got a lot of flack for even existing by some enthusiasts, but I think weeks like this vindicate Microsoft’s decision to make it. It may never be appealing to an enthusiast gamer but I don’t think it has to be.

The funny thing is the people who bash the Series S have never used it or owned it. Yet, the people who do own it or used it actually like it.

Sogreblute said:
aTokenYeti said:

The Series S got a lot of flack for even existing by some enthusiasts, but I think weeks like this vindicate Microsoft’s decision to make it. It may never be appealing to an enthusiast gamer but I don’t think it has to be.

The funny thing is the people who bash the Series S have never used it or owned it. Yet, the people who do own it or used it actually like it.

Almost sounds like if you buy something is probably because you want it.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

All Time Video Game Hardware Sales List:

1) PlayStation 2 (PS2) - 157,680,000 (155,000,000+ according to Sony) Mar. 31st, 2012

2) Nintendo DS (DS) - 154,900,000 (154,020,000 according to Nintendo) - Mar. 31st, 2021

3) Game Boy (GB/GBC) - 118,690,000

4) PlayStation 4 (PS4) - 116,703,545 (116,600,000+ according to Sony) - Sept. 30st, 2021

5) PlayStation (PS1) - 102,500,000 (102,400,000+ according to Sony) - Mar. 31st, 2012

6) Nintendo Wii (Wii) - 101,640,000 (101,630,000 according to Nintendo) - Mar. 31st, 2021

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7) Nintendo Switch (NS) - 97,116,312 (92,870,000 according to Nintendo) - Sept. 30th, 2021

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Friday Week sees the Switch leap-frogging over not 1, but TWO, milestones! Passing 96 and 97 million in the same week with on of the best Black Friday weeks to date. It's pretty much guaranteed to pass the Wii by the end of the year and possibly the PS1 as well.

Meanwhile, the PS4 continues to truck along. 

Around the Network

Well must have been a shitload non oleds on shelves

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Switch now less than 20 million behind the lifetime sales of the PS4, and less than 5.5 million behind the PS1.

Switch in North America America > PS5 worldwide, and Switch globally more than double PS5 and just a hair short of PS5 + Xbox Series.

Xbox Series beating PS5 worldwide for the first time is a notable victory.

Doubtful that all of a sudden this huge supply appeared for the Holliday. Does this confirm that they where hording consoles just to fluf some Holliday sale? Instead of releasing it along side some big title to boost sales of such title.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Doubtful that all of a sudden this huge supply appeared for the Holliday. Does this confirm that they where hording consoles just to fluf some Holliday sale? Instead of releasing it along side some big title to boost sales of such title.

Mix of Series S that were already in circulation being brought up and BF stock.

What are the highest BF numbers?