By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

kirby007 said:

once again you are clueless with numbers.
2021 is within a minimal margin
BUT the 2020 numbers are different ampere has it far below 3 million while looking at the data from other analysts those have it between 3 and 3.3 million.
i think you just like to use them to fit your narrative and ignore the rest.

you dont even do research before calling overtracked

Your justifications are hilarious and show you actually don't know much math.

a 40% swing is within error margins......LMAO 40%

Ampere:

Console sell-through performance July-Sept quarter

• Switch - 3.91m
  • PS5 - 3.24m
  • Xbox Series - 1.36m

VGC

Console sell-through performance July-Sept quarter (eyeing from your graph)

• PS5 - 3m
  • Xbox Series - 1.75m

Ampere : 70:30

VGC : 63:37

14% swing.

VGC overestimated XSX 29% and underestimated PS5 by 8% relative to Ampere

Since you are using rates, no doubt your gradient is also wrong in this aspect, causing even more deviations as time goes on.

Around the Network
src said:
kirby007 said:

once again you are clueless with numbers.
2021 is within a minimal margin
BUT the 2020 numbers are different ampere has it far below 3 million while looking at the data from other analysts those have it between 3 and 3.3 million.
i think you just like to use them to fit your narrative and ignore the rest.

you dont even do research before calling overtracked

Your justifications are hilarious and show you actually don't know much math.

a 40% swing is within error margins......LMAO 40%

I wonder if you'd be arguing this so hard if ampere suggested it was PS5 that was overtracked....

This whole discussion happened when ampere first released their figures. They are estimates, no changes will be made based on these numbers.

What if all estimates are wrong?

*Note, we reduced our originally reported Q1 2021 Xbox Series X|S sell-through data based on additional market intelligence

Heh seems like your beloved ampere adjusts their data. Thus this infallible believe can be laid to rest
You know just use nextgenwars.com they adjust their data each time a sale is made

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@trunkswd 

Aostia82 from IB and previously Era, who I believe has retail connections in EU had this to say:

I just received an official Nintendo Italy PR stating the following

Black Friday week has been a record setting week in all EU and Italy in terms of weekly Hardware sales for Switch

For software, the week of November 15 has seen record setting numbers all over EU (more software sold than every week in the console life cycle), a record very short..because the week after (Pokémon launch) beat that very record, again

Last edited by mk7sx - on 08 December 2021

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

@trunkswd 

Aostia82 from IB and previously Era, who I believe has retail connections in EU had this to say:

Black Friday week has been a record setting week in all EU and Italy in terms of weekly Hardware sales for Switch

For software, the week of November 15 has seen record setting numbers all over EU (more software sold than every week in the console life cycle), a record very short..because the week after (Pokémon launch) beat that very record, again

That would be very surprising if true. We don't have many concrete numbers for Switch EU. But Spain BF 2019 sold 60k and this year it sold 35k.

Would like to see the actual wording of the PR he says he's been sent, as it might be record setting in a few countries (we know UK) but I highly doubt best ever in Europe overall.

So if we take that as a true/accurate report from Nintendo + Chris Dring's UK data (which at IB we inferred at ~110K), Switch Europe for Black Friday week has to exceed 2019's 591K?

FYI - UK Black Friday week estimate was updated to est. 110K after Chris Dring's UK Week 48 report, but the post deriving it is on IB behind an account.

Zippy6 said:
mk7sx said:

@trunkswd 

That would be very surprising if true. We don't have many concrete numbers for Switch EU. But Spain BF 2019 sold 60k and this year it sold 35k.

Would like to see the actual wording of the PR he says he's been sent, as it might be record setting in a few countries (we know UK) but I highly doubt best ever in Europe overall.

I think UK would be excluded, as its no longer part of EU?

The way its worded, it seems like its the opposite. Italy & EU aggregate confirmed to be highest NSW HW week ever, but no comment on other individual nations.  Aostia says they may create a thread, but the PR is in Italian so translation will be posted.

mk7sx said:
Zippy6 said:

I think UK would be excluded, as its no longer part of EU?

The way its worded, it seems like its the opposite. Italy & EU aggregate confirmed to be highest NSW HW week ever, but no comment on other individual nations.  Aostia says they may create a thread, but the PR is in Italian so translation will be posted.

Well in terms of game sales the EU region is just short for Europe, not European Union. Doesn't have anything to do with European Union when we talk about EU sales.

If it really is the case we'll find out soon enough I'm sure.

mk7sx said:

@trunkswd