By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

Not impressive numbers for Switch considering that for the first time, their BF bundle deals started days before of the exact BF date.

MS has always done good numbers for the holidays, there have been plenty of holiday weeks where the Xbone beat PS4 WW.

As for the PS5, these are low numbers compared to BF 2014 for the PS4, but the latter had plenty of stock available and they did a GTA V bundle for $399.99

It seems that all 3 consoles will be down in December compared to their predecessors (and switch compared to December 2020), but is expected all things considered.

I don’t see it clearly that Sony can reach their forecast of 22.6m units shipped/sold by March 2022, unless Q4 for FY21 is high due to the releases of HFW and GT7...but.... who knows

Around the Network

PS5 to outsell Vita next week

VGC xbox estimates are wildly off.

"Ampere's latest hardware update pins Xbox Series sales at 6.7 million units as of the end of September 2021. This is versus 12.8 million for PlayStation 5."

Ampere has access to NPD, GFK and MC sales databases.

Shortages have their part in it, but PS5's BF has been under what could be expected.
OTOH XS did very well for the last of the current gen.
NS excellent, yes, there is the new OLED version, but without doing everything else well too it couldn't have reached these numbers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@kazuyamishima But it's the same Switch bundle we've had for the past few years and not to mention the fact that the system has sold nearly 100 million units. With that in mind, I find it impressive that it is only slightly below BF 2020 (which itself was below BF 2018, I think).

Around the Network

This is gonna be the first year since 2012 that hardware combined is over 50 million. There has been a nice rebound the past few years since it went under 40 million in 2016.

src said:

"Ampere's latest hardware update pins Xbox Series sales at 6.7 million units as of the end of September 2021. This is versus 12.8 million for PlayStation 5."

Their information contradicts that of Daniel Ahmad, which had similar figures to those of VGChartz. Don't see any reason at all to trust a small company founded in 2015, either...

Elputoxd said:
src said:

Their information contradicts that of Daniel Ahmad, which had similar figures to those of VGChartz. Don't see any reason at all to trust a small company founded in 2015, either...

i can tell you where the difference is ampere has 2.8 mil units sold versus other sources that have it at 3.3 for 2020, that would mean the 2021 sales are pretty spot on

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Elputoxd said:
src said:

Zhuge actually said Ampere can be trusted as they have access to accurate data sources.

PS5: XSX ratio for VGC is incredibly off.

Ampere had it 66:34, VGC is at 60:40 a 12 point swing.

UK GFK data has it as 60:40 so WW would be a lot more than 60:40

can be trusted doesn't mean it is accurate, anyway i already explained the difference namely 2020, 2021 vgc is almost exactly like ampere

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.