By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Black Friday Week Sales - Switch Tops 97M, PS5 15M, XS 10M

Why else would an analyst trust estimates from accurate sources.

VGC is wildly off. According to VGC, if prior it aligned with Ampere, PS5 sold 2.2M since and XSX sold 3.2M in October and November.
So we went from PS5 outselling XSX 2:1 to all of a sudden XSX outselling PS5 3:2. That's a whopping 40%+ swing LMAO

Around the Network

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

once again you are clueless with numbers.
2021 is within a minimal margin
BUT the 2020 numbers are different ampere has it far below 3 million while looking at the data from other analysts those have it between 3 and 3.3 million.
i think you just like to use them to fit your narrative and ignore the rest.

you dont even do research before calling overtracked

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

i mean get real... extrapolating on one country, if you had the chance you would use spain wouldn't you?

Switch > PS5 + Xbox Series in Europe as well, missed that.

Switch in Europe (it's weakest major territory) also > PS5 in North America.

Around the Network
src said:

VGC is wildly off. According to VGC, if prior it aligned with Ampere, PS5 sold 2.2M since and XSX sold 3.2M in October and November.
So we went from PS5 outselling XSX 2:1 to all of a sudden XSX outselling PS5 3:2. That's a whopping 40%+ swing LMAO

Where did you get that from? The Black Friday week was the first time the XBS outsold the PS5 according to VGC.

First time Xbox has outsold the PS in a long... long time.

Glad to know for one week us Microsoft whores have bragging rights.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Norion said:

This is gonna be the first year since 2012 that hardware combined is over 50 million. There has been a nice rebound the past few years since it went under 40 million in 2016.

I'd imagine next year will be even bigger. Series and PS5 will really start popping, offsetting Switch decrease due to being in its 6th year, then you have the Steam Deck launch, which if we track will make the numbers even bigger. It is basically a console since it has games that other three can't play (PC exclusives, regardless of how they say the have no exclusives, they have them). I'd imagine we would have tracked PC sales just like other console sales if we could get data on gaming PC sales. I'd imagine the steam deck sales will be easier to track than general computer sales.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 08 December 2021

Kakadu18 said:
src said:

Where did you get that from? The Black Friday week was the first time the XBS outsold the PS5 according to VGC.

I hate that both VGChartz and Video Games Chronicles can be shortened to VGC. It's very confusing.

Dulfite said:
Norion said:

This is gonna be the first year since 2012 that hardware combined is over 50 million. There has been a nice rebound the past few years since it went under 40 million in 2016.

I'd imagine next year will be even bigger. Series and PS5 will really start popping, offsetting Switch decrease due to being in its 6th year, then you have the Steam Deck launch, which if we track will make the numbers even bigger. It is basically a console since it has games that other three can't play (PC exclusives, regardless of how they say the have no excuses, they have them). I'd imagine we would have tracked PC sales just like other console sales if we could get data on gaming PC sales. I'd imagine the steam deck sales will be easier to track than general computer sales.

Should be, numbers will probably look roughly like this at my guess:

Switch - 25m
PS5 - 14m
XSX - 10m
Total - 49m

Switch - 21m
PS5 - 18m
XSX - 12m
Total - 51m

Edit: Though having said that, if we include older consoles 2022 might be down. PS4+XBO+3DS combined will sell about 3m this year and maybe 1m next year.

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 08 December 2021