By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Explain your avatar/signature

IcaroRibeiro said:

I have no signature

My avatar are two characters from the movie Kiki's Delivery Service

Your previous avatar also was from a Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki movie, Laputa - Castle in the Sky. I love Ghibli movies and recommend everyone not knowing them watching them. My personal favourites are Nausicaä (although technically not Studio Ghibli) and Whisper of the Heart. But most of their output was outstanding.

GoOnKid said:

So there is this game called Mystic Quest Legend in PAL regions, also known as Final Fantasy Mystic Quest in the US, that was developed and released by Squaresoft for the SNES in 1992 and 1993. It is basically a light-hearted version of Final Fantasy, much more streamlined and simplistic, with a very low difficulty and an easy to follow storyline. I played and loved it when I was a kid.

There is one scene in the game where you save a huge rotting magic tree from a demon infestation and once you managed to do that, the tree starts to walk and takes you to a new location on the world map. So while you ride the giant tree, some other trees in the background are placed in such a manner that they form the words "Go on, kid!". I loved that because not only was it a fairly heroic and releaving moment already, this little message was another form of motivation to keep you going on with all that world saving stuff.

When I registered here on VGC I had a hard time thinking about my user name but I remembered that I had written a walkthrough about this game not too long ago and decided to use this little message as my user name because I like it so much. And my profile pic is the artwork of the main character in this game.

That is a nice story and shows that gaming can have much more meaning to us as gamers, than just entertainment.

My signature is just a random collection of links and information I wanna keep. For avatar - after I signed up with VGC I used my Mii for many years. Then I made a thread about Awesome Miiverse art, with people linking all the great art people created on the WiiU-gamepad and posted on Miiverse. The thread is not of much use anymore, because boneheaded Nintendo shut Miiverse down and all the stuff is mostly lost or hard to find. You have to use archive.org to get to it.

Anyways, with recommendations of other posters I came across this incredible painting:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171108153359/https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzROxoBok3vj--2

This is so cool art and it shows Kayamba and Cha-Cha from Monster Hunter Tri, a game I like, so I decided to use that as my avatar.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 August 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

My avatar is the character "Cohen the Barbarian" of the discworld novels, a parody of an aged "Conan the Barbarian".

He showed up in a few Discworld novels as a side character, but my old avatar picture was from the illustrated novel "The Last Hero", where he was the main character: https://discworld.fandom.com/wiki/The_Last_Hero

Before that I used other pics of him:

A few years ago I found this awesome fan-art:

Spoiler!

Since I got into VR games that time, I added some VR accessories.

"But why this character?", you might ask.

Well, I love movies, TV-shows and video games, but my main passion when I grew up was reading.

My favorite genre was science fiction, my favorite author Isaac Asimov (I can't wait for the Foundation series on AppleTV!) followed by Douglas Adams. I read most of Asimov's books in German and English and all of Adam's books in German and English.

When I couldn't get enough of Douglas Adams' unique humour, I found Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels in the fantasy genre... since then it is my favorite book series. I read many of them in German and all of them in English.

When I began sozialising on the internet in the mid-nineties in (German) IRC-chats and (German) internet forums, I had to choose a nickname/avatar.

The main Discworld characters were way to popular and mostly claimed, so I chose "Cohen" and sticked with it for years.

My buddies even gifted me a license plate at one of my birthdays:

After a few years I joined some English forums and found out, that the name "Cohen" is quite popular in other countries and already occupied in most international forums.

So I switched to "Conina", the awesome daughter of "Cohen the Barbarian":

Maybe I switch the avatar picture to her in the future.

Last edited by Conina - on 15 August 2021

My avatar is already explained in my sig. It's a modified version of my first VGC avatar, perforned the modification around a football competition not sure if the Euro or World cup. It's me wearing the Spanish national shirt, flag paint on the face ala Naruto and the rising sun flag turned Spanish.

-> 

Signature is just plain text, has links to my social media, historic posts (consoles and avatars) and lastly the user tag from fkusumot with the WRUR links at the end.

And since we are at it, my username is a mixture of tomato and my real life nickname Tito. When I started playing online on UT/CS, decided to make a diminutive username with tomatito, which means little tomato in Spanish. The first Toma part literally means Take, so my english username would be TakeTito. Thanks to TomaTito, I have been able to play with username and tomatoes online

TT

Last edited by TomaTito - on 15 August 2021

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Kneetos said:

I've been here for about a week and haven't figured out how to upload one yet :o

I didn't know they change the process until just now. I figured it out in a couple minutes but it is tricky. Go to settings and click the green button with the 3 white lines. From there it should be easy going. That is not easy to notice. Bad design change.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Signatur - a quote from Rol.

I know, not exactly thrilling... =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I have no signature

My avatar are two characters from the movie Kiki's Delivery Service

Your previous avatar also was from a Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki movie, Laputa - Castle in the Sky. I love Ghibli movies and recommend everyone not knowing them watching them. My personal favourites are Nausicaä (although technically not Studio Ghibli) and Whisper of the Heart. But most of their output was outstanding.

Before Laputa, I was using avatar of Whisper of the Heart, and right before Nausicaä  ;) 

My personal favorites are Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the valley of the wind (the manga is also one of my all time favorite) and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Princess Mononoke and The Grave of Fireflies comes next 

But yes, I like almost all their movies. The only one that I found bad to date was Tales from Earthsea, I also don't like Ocean Waves and The Cat Returns. The others are various degrees between good, great and awesome 

My avatar is pringlelised art. As for my signature, I'm not wrong. If you do need alcohol to have fun, you have a problem. Just a reminder for crippling alcoholics out there. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Mr. Electric from Sharkboy and Lavagirl
Kazan from Cube

My avatar is Kermit in a suit, because much like Kermit im a very stressed out person who likes to dress sharply.

I don't have a signature because I have nothing interesting to put there. Also, I have signatures turned off because they used to annoy me so much (largely because of how much space they took without providing any interesting content).

My avatar is something I drew and found interesting enough when I was trying to come up with a unique avatar. When you draw one yourself, it's guaranteed to be unique!