By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Turns Four!

Rank the Switch as a console!

10 25 25.77%

9 33 34.02%

8 26 26.80%

7 7 7.22%

6 2 2.06%

5 0 0%

4 2 2.06%

3 2 2.06%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:97

Happy birthday to the best console of this gen !

Around the Network

For me it joins the SNES, PSX, DS, and Wii as a solid 10, one of my favourite consoles of all time, and I've played a lot of them over the decades.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Way too many flaws that annoy me so I graded it a 6/10. Owned it since day one.

Edit: but it has BotW so maybe a 7.......

Does this mean we can FINALLY start NX2 rumor threads? I want to see at least a dozen unique threads on the Switch successor (not the pro, the REAL successor) by tomorrow or I will be disappointed.

Congrats to the great hybrid! The console's got a concept really well executed and, at the time of its release, certainly felt like a premium offering. Today it still looks and plays amazing, though, and I like that it has a superb controller as the Switch Pro C as an option. Its interface is snappy and nice-looking, it also fullfils great in that regard. Where it kind of lags behind is in games, because of the 48 I have, I'd only call BotW and the DOOM games utterly brilliant, but I'm still missing a few titles like Donkey Kong Country TF, not to mention the remaining life the console has ahead, so we'll see how it does.

Still, it is the best Nintendo console in quite a while. The Wii and GameCube have more masterpieces if you ask me, but they also have their fair share of significant limitations. The Switch in comparison feels just right as a console.

I give it an 8, it's pretty great.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I gave it a "7" as it's a solid device that falls short in multiple key areas.

The big AAA console ports like The Witcher and Doom were definitely technical feats, but they certainly fall short of the Xbox/Playstation/PC versions.

* In terms of hardware... Even on release it wasn't cutting edge mobile hardware, Nintendo could have pushed the envelope a little harder by opting for a Pascal based chip.
* Joycon drift.
* Online system is clunky, slow and lacks features.
* Nintendo keeps the prices of it's games high for their entire lifetime. (Makes it harder for us bargain hunters!)
* Only a 720P, 6.2" IPS display. (But at-least it's IPS and not Twisted Nematic!)
* Allot of popular games tend to be WiiU ports rather than new experiences. (Mario Kart 8, Breath of the Wild, Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin, Super Mario 3D world, Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Pokken Tournament, Captain Toad and more.)

Pre-ordered a few games like Pokemon Snap, Skyward Sword... And it's no secret that I absolutely loved the remake of Links Awakening, childhood come back at me.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I rate as an 8.5 personally, but since I’m feeling generous today, I’ll round that up to a 9.
For as many great games and as great of a library the Switch has already gotten at this point, it feels like they’re just starting to scratch the surface.

A solid 7 for me. I loved the system at first, but the last year I find myself playing it less and less.

Nintendo went back a bit to the old arrogant self, and honestly, until Metroid Prime 4 arrives I am probably not going to spend a whole lot of time with it. Also, there is still no Netflix, Hulu, Hbomax Disney plus, or any relevant video app for it? At this point, it's beyond absurd.

Still, they managed to get on board a massive 3rd party presence and it's a nifty place for indie. It's also the only dedicated handheld, so by default, it's the only system I can take with me when I want to travel light. And it has Luigi's Mansion 3 and Captain Toads Treasure Tracker, so you know that the library is at least solid.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

In just 4 years, the Switch is already my #4 favourite console of all time, behind only the SNES, Wii, and Xbox 360.

From Mario Odyssey to Hellblade, Splatoon 2 to The Witcher 3, Xenoblade 2 to Doom Eternal, its library is already shaping up to be a truly impressive collection of stellar games, and there's still tons more upcoming.

It's continuing the legacy of the Wii by making motion controls practically standard for shooters, which I absolutely love, as well as the ability to play with a split controller which is a big plus for me as well.

I'd give it an 8/10 so far but it still has likely years yet to improve from there.

I rank it a 10. It just vastly exceeded my expectations. I have like 100 games for it and the collection just keeps growing. Im also sure there are many great games I dont even know about on the damn thing. I also dont even use many of the features on it. Like playing it in handheld mode. But its a great feature that I might use one day. I love it. Tied with the SNES for me. Which I never thought a newer console would ever do. NES is still king though