Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Series X's rumored heat issues seem to be false

Why does my electronics get hot when i use them
#2020boomers



Around the Network

Getting really hot and overheating are two different things, which was what got blown out of proportion



NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]
 

  - Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
 

          

 

 

Here lies the hidden threads. 

 | |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Windows Central did a heat test as well and got way lower temps than the other 2 testers did, they couldn’t get the temp to go above 35 Celsius while playing Monster Hunter World with open ventilation, though they did test it in a fairly cold room, 18 celsius/64 Fahrenheit room temp. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hot-does-xbox-series-x-get

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 October 2020

shikamaru317 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Youtube gaming never fails to impress, just the other day i found out crapgamer , the biggest xbox fanboy years ago , now is a plastation fanboy that shits on microsoft at ever opportunity.

Shit is wild 

Yeah, crapgamer switched teams and Xbox fans absolutely can't stand him now, most of his videos get swarmed with dislikes. 

Ever explained why he switched teams. If I could fathom returning to Sony, it certainly wouldn't seem likely especially now

shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:
What are those low temperatures, my laptop gets 76c to the touch while playing FS 2020. The function keys hurt my fingers if I press them too long. My previous gaming laptop expelled air so hot it would burn my fingers if I held them in front of the vents. At least I never have to worry about my hands getting cold :) Same for my amp, if I turn my music up you can boil an egg on top of it. Why are consoles so sensitive to heat! Well not the ps4 pro, that gets nice and toasty, can keep my coffee warm sitting on top :)

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Liquid and electronics just don't mix xD

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
SvennoJ said:

It's also not practical with the thing being at the other end of the room. Consoles should fare better with a coffee spill than a laptop. Happened twice, both times they never recovered. One kept randomly crashing, the other had sticky repeating keys. If you like the same letter a million times, I have a laptop for you :) I kept using it with an external keyboard until I got a new one.

My new laptop expels the air to the back, old one to the side where it kept my coffee warm (was too close obviously)

Ah... The time a glass of coca cola spilled all over my laptop . RIP

Dr Pepper over mine and still kicking. 

Blood_Tears said:
BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

That was a solder issue, not a cooling one. 



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS! 

    AsGryffynn said:
    shikamaru317 said:

    Yeah, crapgamer switched teams and Xbox fans absolutely can't stand him now, most of his videos get swarmed with dislikes. 

    Ever explained why he switched teams. If I could fathom returning to Sony, it certainly wouldn't seem likely especially now

    shikamaru317 said:

    That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Liquid and electronics just don't mix xD

    ClassicGamingWizzz said:

    Ah... The time a glass of coca cola spilled all over my laptop . RIP

    Dr Pepper over mine and still kicking. 

    Blood_Tears said:

    That was a solder issue, not a cooling one. 

    The solder issue came about BECAUSE of poor cooling. The new solder just wasn't tolerant of those temperatures.

    It was a series of smaller design flaws which compounded into a giant stuff up.

    Boards warping, shit cooling, hot components... It was never going to end well.



    --::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

    Around the Network
    shikamaru317 said:
    DroidKnight said:

    I got the red ring 5 years after purchase and the yellow light 6 years after purchase.  It was 100% for me.

    My first 360 died, but it was not because of the typical red ring of death failure, mine actually died because I used a Nyko Intercooler, specifically hoping to avoid a red ring of death, not realizing that Microsoft recommended against using Nyko Intercoolers because they can damage the system. Microsoft Repair team told me that the Nyko Intercooler caused some kind of power surge that burned out the power plug and prevented the system from getting enough power to properly run. 2nd 360 I bought was the Arcade model, reusing my hard drive from my first 360 on it, I've had no issues with it at all, gave it to my sister after back compat was added to Xbox One, and it is still running to this day.  

    Did Microsoft advise you to not buy X360 to avoid RROD? If not I wouldn't really trust their opinion at a time of what would cause console overheating.



    duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

    Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

    shikamaru317 said:

    Windows Central did a heat test as well and got way lower temps than the other 2 testers did, they couldn’t get the temp to go above 35 Celsius while playing Monster Hunter World with open ventilation, though they did test it in a fairly cold room, 18 celsius/64 Fahrenheit room temp. 

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hot-does-xbox-series-x-get

    Stress testing with a BC title, on a cold room and open ventilation seems more like someone trying to favour his point than anything else. You should stress test on a small cabinet, 35C on a next gen title for several hours to have at least a chance of seeing something that can certainly occur in the world. And most certainly MS done it and found the console satisfactory, but this windows central test is a joke.



    duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

    Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

    http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

    DonFerrari said:
    shikamaru317 said:

    Windows Central did a heat test as well and got way lower temps than the other 2 testers did, they couldn’t get the temp to go above 35 Celsius while playing Monster Hunter World with open ventilation, though they did test it in a fairly cold room, 18 celsius/64 Fahrenheit room temp. 

    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hot-does-xbox-series-x-get

    Stress testing with a BC title, on a cold room and open ventilation seems more like someone trying to favour his point than anything else. You should stress test on a small cabinet, 35C on a next gen title for several hours to have at least a chance of seeing something that can certainly occur in the world. And most certainly MS done it and found the console satisfactory, but this windows central test is a joke.

    why do you blame them when they don't have next gen games to test it out? MH World is one of the most demanding current gen games so it's the best choice they could make. Did the people who spread the rumor about heat issues have next gen games to test? Obviously not, so this is very comparable situation.

    Also I completely disagree with testing inside a small cabinet instead of an wide open surface. Series X (and PS5) is just too big to properly fit within most of these so they will likely be placed in a spot where they have a ton of open space to cool down. You wouldn't test a PC in such a configuration either.

    Last edited by Barozi - on 16 October 2020

    Barozi said:
    DonFerrari said:

    Stress testing with a BC title, on a cold room and open ventilation seems more like someone trying to favour his point than anything else. You should stress test on a small cabinet, 35C on a next gen title for several hours to have at least a chance of seeing something that can certainly occur in the world. And most certainly MS done it and found the console satisfactory, but this windows central test is a joke.

    why do you blame them when they don't have next gen games to test it out? MH World is one of the most demanding current gen games so it's the best choice they could make. Did the people who spread the rumor about heat issues have next gen games to test? Obviously not, so this is very comparable situation.

    Also I completely disagree with testing inside a small cabinet instead of an wide open surface. Series X (and PS5) is just too big to properly fit within most of these so they will likely be placed in a spot where they have a ton of open space to cool down. You wouldn't test a PC in such a configuration either.

    Their track record is a joke, they're biased xbox shills



    Yeah, MS has some insights into building consoles that overheat; this is unlikely to ever be the case again (pun intended).