Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Series X's rumored heat issues seem to be false

BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

Are you seriously saying Sony is the console maker who has a history of console defects due to overheating components?

Blood_Tears said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Blood_Tears said:

I wouldn't go down this path.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

A billion dollars and 5 years to fix but hey, keep trying. 

Blood_Tears said:
BlackBeauty said:

Took me a second to realize what that was. At first I thought it was the eye of Sauron.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
DroidKnight said:

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

I got the red ring 5 years after purchase and the yellow light 6 years after purchase.  It was 100% for me.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Blood_Tears said:

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

I got the red ring 5 years after purchase and the yellow light 6 years after purchase.  It was 100% for me.

My first 360 died, but it was not because of the typical red ring of death failure, mine actually died because I used a Nyko Intercooler, specifically hoping to avoid a red ring of death, not realizing that Microsoft recommended against using Nyko Intercoolers because they can damage the system. Microsoft Repair team told me that the Nyko Intercooler caused some kind of power surge that burned out the power plug and prevented the system from getting enough power to properly run. 2nd 360 I bought was the Arcade model, reusing my hard drive from my first 360 on it, I've had no issues with it at all, gave it to my sister after back compat was added to Xbox One, and it is still running to this day.  

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 October 2020

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

My first 360 died, but it was not because of the typical red ring of death, mine actually died because I used a Nyko Intercooler, specifically hoping to avoid a red ring of death, not realizing that Microsoft recommended against using Nyko Intercoolers because they can damage the system. 2nd 360 I bought was the Arcade model, I've had no issues with it at all, gave it to my sister after back compat was added to Xbox One, and it is still running to this day.  

I purchased mine and my brothers 360 at launch and his suffered within the first 6 months and he got the free fix.  I thought I had escaped the curse.  I still have it and the PS3 and will repair them both once I get the time.  

Just fanboys spreading FUD.

BlackBeauty said:

My base ps4 runs like a dream. As for track record,lets not forget the xbox 360. Nexg gen both consoles will run exceptionally well, but people go against the guidelines and put their consoles in enclosed less. Ventilated environments,  the series x will suffer the most due to it's  top only ventilation design.

Last edited by KratosLives - on 15 October 2020