By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Series X's rumored heat issues seem to be false

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
yvanjean said:

Just look at the stupid title "Seem to be False".

There simply isn't a heat issue and the entire thing started from biased media, YouTubers, and fake news. 

Having a heating issue is a real concern for both these consoles and these morons just want to keep the fake news going to bash the new system they don't support. 

it's not Joke baiting but just trying to spread more fake news.

Kirby was joking around , being sarcastic..

that wasn't sarcastic i was mixing the top comments made on the latest xbox youtube video

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

What are those low temperatures, my laptop gets 76c to the touch while playing FS 2020. The function keys hurt my fingers if I press them too long. My previous gaming laptop expelled air so hot it would burn my fingers if I held them in front of the vents. At least I never have to worry about my hands getting cold :) Same for my amp, if I turn my music up you can boil an egg on top of it. Why are consoles so sensitive to heat! Well not the ps4 pro, that gets nice and toasty, can keep my coffee warm sitting on top :)

yvanjean said:
kirby007 said:

you guys are being fooled by the MS pr machine, aside from having no games or exclusives, it will also Green Light of Death when it reaches 69degrees.
the Series X is the worst developed console ever

ALSO DF is obviously paid by MS, DO NOT TRUST DF

Wow, remind me to never listen to anything you have to say again. It's one thing to make clearly uninformed comment on XSX, but now your bashing Digital Foundry. If you actually follow their content they been one of the biggest critics of XSS and have been very harsh on Microsoft for XSX games supporting older consoles. It baffles me that you can even question their integrity. 

I'll keep listening to Digital Foundry and will try to ignore garage comments from now on.  

Shiken said:
Yeah reports actually point to the PS5 being slightly hotter than the Series X.

Sources, please..

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:
What are those low temperatures, my laptop gets 76c to the touch while playing FS 2020. The function keys hurt my fingers if I press them too long. My previous gaming laptop expelled air so hot it would burn my fingers if I held them in front of the vents. At least I never have to worry about my hands getting cold :) Same for my amp, if I turn my music up you can boil an egg on top of it. Why are consoles so sensitive to heat! Well not the ps4 pro, that gets nice and toasty, can keep my coffee warm sitting on top :)

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Liquid and electronics just don't mix xD

It's also not practical with the thing being at the other end of the room. Consoles should fare better with a coffee spill than a laptop. Happened twice, both times they never recovered. One kept randomly crashing, the other had sticky repeating keys. If you like the same letter a million times, I have a laptop for you :) I kept using it with an external keyboard until I got a new one.

My new laptop expels the air to the back, old one to the side where it kept my coffee warm (was too close obviously)

drkohler said:
Shiken said:
Yeah reports actually point to the PS5 being slightly hotter than the Series X.

Sources, please..

There are no reliable source for that claim.

he used the first ps4 pro model, not the third revised cooler version.

Hynad said:
drkohler said:

Sources, please..

Not just that. It only claimed the chip runs a few degrees hotter. It dint even mention if the cooling was keeping up. Wich was the issue with the xbox rumor. That a lot of heat was coming from the exhaust. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Hynad said:

Not just that. It only claimed the chip runs a few degrees hotter. It dint even mention if the cooling was keeping up. Wich was the issue with the xbox rumor. That a lot of heat was coming from the exhaust. 

You would hope there is allot of heat coming out of the exhaust... It's kinda the entire point?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--