By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Series X's rumored heat issues seem to be false

Pemalite said:
eva01beserk said:

Not just that. It only claimed the chip runs a few degrees hotter. It dint even mention if the cooling was keeping up. Wich was the issue with the xbox rumor. That a lot of heat was coming from the exhaust. 

You would hope there is allot of heat coming out of the exhaust... It's kinda the entire point?

Well sure. Just not to the extreme the guy made it out to be. He pulled the ssd out and said it burned him. I'm sure he was exagerating. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
The guy that droidknight posted must be swimming in microsoft money, paid influencers are not something you want to look when you want a unbiased opinion.

Sure. If some random internet guys make from heat *expelled* from the system an overheating issue, that must be truth, but anyone explaining that reasonably must be paid off. I have no idea if the Series X has overheating issues or not, but all serious reports we have so far point to the raised points so far are non-issues. That doesn't mean there are no issues, but so far we can assume PS5 has heat issues as much as we can assume it about Series X, because in both cases we have no indication.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 October 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Considering Series X is an improvement over X1X the rumours of Xbox doesn't make any sense, I would wait for release before believing something so improbable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So multiple sources claims the exhaust runs like a heater on the Series X and

TRUMP CALLS FAKE NEWS.

Pretty hard to make up an overheating rumor. If it gets hot, it gets hot, simple as that.

kirby007 said:

you guys are being fooled by the MS pr machine, aside from having no games or exclusives, it will also Green Light of Death when it reaches 69degrees.
the Series X is the worst developed console ever

ALSO DF is obviously paid by MS, DO NOT TRUST DF

An eerily accurate depiction of Twitter PS fan propaganda ;)  Lol I’m glad this was squashed sooner rather then later. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

BlackBeauty said:

Are you seriously saying Sony is the console maker who has a history of console defects due to overheating components?

Blood_Tears said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Blood_Tears said:

I wouldn't go down this path.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

A billion dollars and 5 years to fix but hey, keep trying.