DroidKnight said:

I wouldn't go down this path.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

Report: Xbox 360 Failure Rate Reaches 54%

Console failure rate

Xbox 360 – 54.2%
Playstation 3 – 10.6%
Wii – 6.8%

A billion dollars and 5 years to fix but hey, keep trying. 

I got the red ring 5 years after purchase and the yellow light 6 years after purchase.  It was 100% for me.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

I got the red ring 5 years after purchase and the yellow light 6 years after purchase.  It was 100% for me.

My first 360 died, but it was not because of the typical red ring of death, mine actually died because I used a Nyko Intercooler, specifically hoping to avoid a red ring of death, not realizing that Microsoft recommended against using Nyko Intercoolers because they can damage the system. 2nd 360 I bought was the Arcade model, I've had no issues with it at all, gave it to my sister after back compat was added to Xbox One, and it is still running to this day.  

I purchased mine and my brothers 360 at launch and his suffered within the first 6 months and he got the free fix.  I thought I had escaped the curse.  I still have it and the PS3 and will repair them both once I get the time.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Just fanboys spreading FUD.

BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

My base ps4 runs like a dream. As for track record,lets not forget the xbox 360. Nexg gen both consoles will run exceptionally well, but people go against the guidelines and put their consoles in enclosed less. Ventilated environments,  the series x will suffer the most due to it's  top only ventilation design.

Last edited by KratosLives - on 15 October 2020

Why does my electronics get hot when i use them
#2020boomers

Around the Network

Getting really hot and overheating are two different things, which was what got blown out of proportion

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

shikamaru317 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Youtube gaming never fails to impress, just the other day i found out crapgamer , the biggest xbox fanboy years ago , now is a plastation fanboy that shits on microsoft at ever opportunity.

Shit is wild 

Yeah, crapgamer switched teams and Xbox fans absolutely can't stand him now, most of his videos get swarmed with dislikes. 

Ever explained why he switched teams. If I could fathom returning to Sony, it certainly wouldn't seem likely especially now

shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:
What are those low temperatures, my laptop gets 76c to the touch while playing FS 2020. The function keys hurt my fingers if I press them too long. My previous gaming laptop expelled air so hot it would burn my fingers if I held them in front of the vents. At least I never have to worry about my hands getting cold :) Same for my amp, if I turn my music up you can boil an egg on top of it. Why are consoles so sensitive to heat! Well not the ps4 pro, that gets nice and toasty, can keep my coffee warm sitting on top :)

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Liquid and electronics just don't mix xD

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
SvennoJ said:

It's also not practical with the thing being at the other end of the room. Consoles should fare better with a coffee spill than a laptop. Happened twice, both times they never recovered. One kept randomly crashing, the other had sticky repeating keys. If you like the same letter a million times, I have a laptop for you :) I kept using it with an external keyboard until I got a new one.

My new laptop expels the air to the back, old one to the side where it kept my coffee warm (was too close obviously)

Ah... The time a glass of coca cola spilled all over my laptop . RIP

Dr Pepper over mine and still kicking. 

Blood_Tears said:
BlackBeauty said:
More people should be worried about PS5 heat and noise issues. Sony doesn’t have a great track record regarding those.

That was a solder issue, not a cooling one. 

AsGryffynn said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, crapgamer switched teams and Xbox fans absolutely can't stand him now, most of his videos get swarmed with dislikes. 

Ever explained why he switched teams. If I could fathom returning to Sony, it certainly wouldn't seem likely especially now

shikamaru317 said:

That sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Liquid and electronics just don't mix xD

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Ah... The time a glass of coca cola spilled all over my laptop . RIP

Dr Pepper over mine and still kicking. 

Blood_Tears said:

That was a solder issue, not a cooling one. 

The solder issue came about BECAUSE of poor cooling. The new solder just wasn't tolerant of those temperatures.

It was a series of smaller design flaws which compounded into a giant stuff up.

Boards warping, shit cooling, hot components... It was never going to end well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

My first 360 died, but it was not because of the typical red ring of death failure, mine actually died because I used a Nyko Intercooler, specifically hoping to avoid a red ring of death, not realizing that Microsoft recommended against using Nyko Intercoolers because they can damage the system. Microsoft Repair team told me that the Nyko Intercooler caused some kind of power surge that burned out the power plug and prevented the system from getting enough power to properly run. 2nd 360 I bought was the Arcade model, reusing my hard drive from my first 360 on it, I've had no issues with it at all, gave it to my sister after back compat was added to Xbox One, and it is still running to this day.  

Did Microsoft advise you to not buy X360 to avoid RROD? If not I wouldn't really trust their opinion at a time of what would cause console overheating.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:

Windows Central did a heat test as well and got way lower temps than the other 2 testers did, they couldn’t get the temp to go above 35 Celsius while playing Monster Hunter World with open ventilation, though they did test it in a fairly cold room, 18 celsius/64 Fahrenheit room temp. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hot-does-xbox-series-x-get

Stress testing with a BC title, on a cold room and open ventilation seems more like someone trying to favour his point than anything else. You should stress test on a small cabinet, 35C on a next gen title for several hours to have at least a chance of seeing something that can certainly occur in the world. And most certainly MS done it and found the console satisfactory, but this windows central test is a joke.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."