By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will be the next Switch model?

Next Switch model?

SwitchPro 22 45.83%

Switch+ 16 33.33%

SwitchTV 7 14.58%

Switch[fill-in-text] 3 6.25%

Total:48
HoloDust said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Kinda the opposite, as MK8 is very likely to sell another 15-20 million copies just for existing. Why spend resources making another game? 

At that point there would be, what, around 80 million Switches...and all new MK.

But at that point they'll want to prioritize software for their next console. They need the hardware to remain appealing if they want to have continued success, and Mario Kart is a very obvious system-seller, so they'll want to have one ready for the next system, rather than making another one for the Switch.

If the next console is successful, they'll be making a lot more money from MK9 than if they released it on the Switch, where it would cannibalize MK8D's sales, which are still going very strong and will continue to do so.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
HoloDust said:

At that point there would be, what, around 80 million Switches...and all new MK.

But at that point they'll want to prioritize software for their next console. They need the hardware to remain appealing if they want to have continued success, and Mario Kart is a very obvious system-seller, so they'll want to have one ready for the next system, rather than making another one for the Switch.

If the next console is successful, they'll be making a lot more money from MK9 than if they released it on the Switch, where it would cannibalize MK8D's sales, which are still going very strong and will continue to do so.

I'm expecting it to be on both consoles, actually. I'm guesstimating Switch 2 will have some sort of RT, so that version will look a fair bit better than Switch version.

HoloDust said:
mZuzek said:

I'm expecting it to be on both consoles, actually. I'm guesstimating Switch 2 will have some sort of RT, so that version will look a fair bit better than Switch version.

I don't think so. But there will be one big game that will be on both switch and switch 2. I'm expecting 2024 when the new switch 2 comes and Mario kart 9

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
HoloDust said:

I don't think so. But there will be one big game that will be on both switch and switch 2. I'm expecting 2024 when the new switch 2 comes and Mario kart 9

They need Mario Kart as a system seller, so I doubt they'd make that one cross-gen. I can see the cross-gen game being Metroid Prime 4, since it's not a system seller, they'd want to prioritize the software sales with that one, especially given the long development cycle.

mZuzek said:
Eagle367 said:

They need Mario Kart as a system seller, so I doubt they'd make that one cross-gen. I can see the cross-gen game being Metroid Prime 4, since it's not a system seller, they'd want to prioritize the software sales with that one, especially given the long development cycle.

Yup. My point is that Mario Kart 9 would be better as a release along with switch 2 and not as a cross gen title.

Around the Network

I think it'll be the Switch Pro. 

Edit: or whatever Nintendo ends up calling their more powerful version of the Switch. 

Whatever they do, I want new joy-cons with stronger signals.

My one pet peeve with the Switch is when I'm playing Ring Fit, in the middle of a battle with Dragcock (or whatever his name is) and my Joy-con lags (because of a connection error), then when it finally de-syncs/re-syncs it breaks the aiming and there's no way to recalibrate. This is annoying when he's throwing a bunch of fireballs or rocks at you and you have to aim the joy-con to hit them. The only option is to quit or suck up all the extra damage by draining potions.

Joycon drift is one thing, that's easily fixable; the de-syncing issues I haven't found a proper fix for.

Anyway. I wonder if Nintendo's next big release are better joy-cons?

Last edited by Jumpin - on 13 October 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

My one pet peeve with the Switch is when I'm playing Ring Fit, in the middle of a battle with Dragcock (or whatever his name is) and my Joy-con lags (because of a connection error), then when it finally de-syncs/re-syncs it breaks the aiming and there's no way to recalibrate. This is annoying when he's throwing a bunch of fireballs or rocks at you and you have to aim the joy-con to hit them. The only option is to quit or suck up all the extra damage by draining potions.

Joycon drift is one thing, that's easily fixable; the de-syncing issues I haven't found a proper fix for.

I would love elite joycons with metal parts and a better joystick. Plus an elite pro controller as well

Jumpin said:

Which joy-con desyncs? This was an issue when the console launched, the left and right joy-con feature different antenna designs. The right contains an actual antenna with a connector while the left antenna is just soldered directly onto the the motherboard. The different left joy-con design is prone to manufacturing problems, thus overall a worse design.

You can read more about it here: https://www.techinsights.com/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown
And they found this fix: https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-joycon-desync-connectivity-issue-fix/

You could send your joy-con to fix this antenna issue in the past.

Eagle367 said:

I would love elite joycons with metal parts and a better joystick. Plus an elite pro controller as well

I want to buy another pro controller, but only the black standard version is on sale.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 14 October 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

now that I think about it...
when the switch came out the tegra x1 was 2 years old

xavier will be 2.5 years by next holiday, having come out march last year

and it HAS TENSOR CORES.