By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will be the next Switch model?

Next Switch model?

SwitchPro 23 45.10%

Switch+ 16 31.37%

SwitchTV 8 15.69%

Switch[fill-in-text] 4 7.84%

Total:51

Whatever they do, I want new joy-cons with stronger signals.

My one pet peeve with the Switch is when I'm playing Ring Fit, in the middle of a battle with Dragcock (or whatever his name is) and my Joy-con lags (because of a connection error), then when it finally de-syncs/re-syncs it breaks the aiming and there's no way to recalibrate. This is annoying when he's throwing a bunch of fireballs or rocks at you and you have to aim the joy-con to hit them. The only option is to quit or suck up all the extra damage by draining potions.

Joycon drift is one thing, that's easily fixable; the de-syncing issues I haven't found a proper fix for.

Anyway. I wonder if Nintendo's next big release are better joy-cons?

Last edited by Jumpin - on 13 October 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

My one pet peeve with the Switch is when I'm playing Ring Fit, in the middle of a battle with Dragcock (or whatever his name is) and my Joy-con lags (because of a connection error), then when it finally de-syncs/re-syncs it breaks the aiming and there's no way to recalibrate. This is annoying when he's throwing a bunch of fireballs or rocks at you and you have to aim the joy-con to hit them. The only option is to quit or suck up all the extra damage by draining potions.

Joycon drift is one thing, that's easily fixable; the de-syncing issues I haven't found a proper fix for.

I would love elite joycons with metal parts and a better joystick. Plus an elite pro controller as well

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Jumpin said:

Which joy-con desyncs? This was an issue when the console launched, the left and right joy-con feature different antenna designs. The right contains an actual antenna with a connector while the left antenna is just soldered directly onto the the motherboard. The different left joy-con design is prone to manufacturing problems, thus overall a worse design.

You can read more about it here: https://www.techinsights.com/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown
And they found this fix: https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-joycon-desync-connectivity-issue-fix/

You could send your joy-con to fix this antenna issue in the past.

Eagle367 said:

I would love elite joycons with metal parts and a better joystick. Plus an elite pro controller as well

I want to buy another pro controller, but only the black standard version is on sale.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 14 October 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

now that I think about it...
when the switch came out the tegra x1 was 2 years old

xavier will be 2.5 years by next holiday, having come out march last year

and it HAS TENSOR CORES.

Not only is there MK8D on Switch, but now Mario Kart Live, which will probably also be a long tail seller. Don't think MK9 is coming out any time soon.

Around the Network

I want a Super Switch!

I think it's most likely the second option. Staying on the Tegra and using the relationship with Nvidia for another bulk deal.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I voted Switch+.  I think the next Switch model will be an upgrade in the same way the "new 3DS" was an upgrade.  Switch+ will likely have the following features:

-greatly improved battery life
-modestly improved processor
-Joy Con drift issues are fixed
-might be able to steam 4k video content (this would make the 4K rumors technically true even though graphics on video games would be more or less the same)

This sums basically up what I was thinking. The 4K rumours strike me as odd, as this would massively increase the needed processing power. But a decent upgrade in power and a bigger battery seems alright, this is the New 3DS direction.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it might also be a Switch XL with bigger screen and bigger Joycons.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 15 October 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

In my opinion, infinitely more important than fixing Joycon drift is fixing the de-sync issues and improving the gyroscopic controls. There might be something weak about the IR aiming, too, since it seems like something companies would take advantage of.in games like the RE ports - since IR aiming on Wii was a massive boost over other iterations of RE4.

The worst desync issue I’ve been coming across is not even in home console mode, but handheld. I find I’m often needing to jiggle the joycons or disconnect/reconnect the controllers for them to begin working again.

These are issues I want to see 100% fixed.

Joycon drift is a very simple issue to fix since it’s literally just a 2-3 minute cleaning job. So, while it would be nice to fix, it’s far from the top of the list of items that need improvement.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 16 October 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

In my opinion, infinitely more important than fixing Joycon drift is fixing the de-sync issues and improving the gyroscopic controls. There might be something weak about the IR aiming, too, since it seems like something companies would take advantage of.in games like the RE ports - since IR aiming on Wii was a massive boost over other iterations of RE4.

The worst desync issue I’ve been coming across is not even in home console mode, but handheld. I find I’m often needing to jiggle the joycons or disconnect/reconnect the controllers for them to begin working again.

These are issues I want to see 100% fixed.

Joycon drift is a very simple issue to fix since it’s literally just a 2-3 minute cleaning job. So, while it would be nice to fix, it’s far from the top of the list of items that need improvement.

Anything that doesn't work should be in the top priority list. It's Nintendo responsibility to provide non-drifting joycons, not responsibility of consumers to fix it

I don't even know what handheld mode desync is supposed to be and  you pretty much the first one I've see relating this experience, seems a issue of your Switch 

Meanwhile I don't know a single person who didn't experience some kind drift afer some months