By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which will be the next Switch model?

Next Switch model?

SwitchPro 23 45.10%

Switch+ 16 31.37%

SwitchTV 8 15.69%

Switch[fill-in-text] 4 7.84%

Total:51

I know its not an original, and maybe not popular opinion... But I think they should make a model that is TV only, with the exact same specs as the OG Switch. They could offer it for the same price as the Switch Lite. Then they have options for all players. I think it would sell the least number of units compared to the other models, but I do think it would be successful. 

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:

Switch XL, like 3DS XL. Bigger screen, 4K.

I think you're onto something...  Nintendo will milk their success with this console a few more years and a higher powered big screen model sounds plausible. 

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

A switch with more power.... but I couldn't say if that's the "Pro" or the "+" you list, or whether it would use DLSS or not.

Considering DSi and New 3DS were powered-up versions of their respective consoles and both even had exclusive games, I expect the same for the Switch. Also, both Sony and Microsoft did the same with PS4 and Xbox One so...

Probably a more polished version similar to New 3DS or DSi (going to be called New Switch or Switch Advance)

Its gonna have an improved Joycons (hopefully with less drifting) a 1080P OLED Display, a better docking solution (instead of the current toaster one) and slight Improvement in the performance but not much

like, Dont Expect a 4K performance or even PS4 level of performance with the newer model, since Nintendo wants to Sell it at a Profit (with competitive Price nonetheless)

Around the Network

Switch Pro seems the way to go by naming, Switch + does like a good option of as well

Jumpin said:

In my opinion, infinitely more important than fixing Joycon drift is fixing the de-sync issues and improving the gyroscopic controls. There might be something weak about the IR aiming, too, since it seems like something companies would take advantage of.in games like the RE ports - since IR aiming on Wii was a massive boost over other iterations of RE4.

The worst desync issue I’ve been coming across is not even in home console mode, but handheld. I find I’m often needing to jiggle the joycons or disconnect/reconnect the controllers for them to begin working again.

These are issues I want to see 100% fixed.

Joycon drift is a very simple issue to fix since it’s literally just a 2-3 minute cleaning job. So, while it would be nice to fix, it’s far from the top of the list of items that need improvement.

Yeah I've been having de-sync issues a fair amount this year, never had them before this year though. I just assume it's from wear like the physical connections between the joycon and the Switch have gotten a little loose and so it loses that physical contact sync. Very annoying though, sometimes i'm jiggling the joycon on the Switch for like 20 seconds trying to get it to reconnect and then it'll just keep disconnecting. Agreed that this is more annoying than drift (though both suck bad) because at least with joycon drift i can spray my electric cleaner in there and drift is gone for a good while.

New Nintendo Switch w/ DLSS tech for 4K support. New 3DS type upgrade sometime in Q2 release. New Nintendo Switch Lite also!