By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

100% physical 207 16.68%

80 - 99% physical 375 30.22%

60 - 79% physical 183 14.75%

40 - 59% physical 118 9.51%

20 - 39% physical 83 6.69%

1 - 19% physical 154 12.41%

0% physical 102 8.22%

I don't buy games 19 1.53%

Total:1,241

100%

Plus I barely buy anything digital to begin with, only some on PC every once in a while if it’s heavily discounted. Like under €10 discounted. Digital games have little monetary value to me.

Bonus: For now I’m not planning to buy any of the next gen systems because they don’t look to be very interesting. If I would it’s 99% going to be one of the ones with a disc drive, the 1% doubt comes from XBox Series S actually being a good deal; it’s cheap and not ugly unlike a certain other manufacturer’s offerings. If Nintendo were to go all digital I’d be sad and likely quit modern gaming. There’s enough out there from past generations that will last me a lifetime and as a bonus those are probably also better games. I can predict myself still getting an all-digital Nintendo system though because I couldn’t live without a new Zelda, digital or not. It’ll be my Achilles’ heel.

Around the Network

I used to be all physical, then year by year went more digital. Now I'm all digital, will never go back to physical, and can't even comprehend why my past self resisted this far more convenient option all those years ago lol. I'm shocked by the poll numbers!

I think 30-40% physical, 60-70% digital

But keep in mind we don't produce physical games, we need to buy imported copies. If I lived in some place with physical distribution shares were more likely to be 80-90% physical

Given the choice, I almost always pick physical over digital, unless in cases where a game releases digitally first and only much later physically, like with Yooka Laylee and Panzer Dragoon Remake; in those cases I get the physical version once its available and archive my digital copy.

I like to actually own my games, and I really would like my SD card to last me the Switch's whole lifespan instead of having to buy another one, so I am stingy with space.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 September 2020

All AAA games physical, cheap as hell 3rd-pick games digitally.

Around the Network

100% digital for many years now.

20 retail games of which 18 are physical.

Got 18 more downloadable games, and maybe some of them have had physical re-releases since then.
Wont count them as retail since they were initially digital only games.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I try to buy everything physical but sometimes sales are really good for certain digital games. Im probably around 85-90% physical on PS4 and 100% on Switch.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Assuming you are talking just about the current generation, I don’t have a single physical game...

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
Assuming you are talking just about the current generation, I don’t have a single physical game...

Damn.

I knew teachers don't get paid well, but not being able to afford video games is worse than I imagined.

Hahaha, sadly very close to true...