By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

100% physical 207 16.68%

80 - 99% physical 375 30.22%

60 - 79% physical 183 14.75%

40 - 59% physical 118 9.51%

20 - 39% physical 83 6.69%

1 - 19% physical 154 12.41%

0% physical 102 8.22%

I don't buy games 19 1.53%

Total:1,241

About 40-59%. Though it's closer to 59%. Most of my Switch games are physical. Well over half of my PS4 purchases are digital.
I purchased all my 3DS and Wii U games physically (obviously not counting digital-only).
The reason I purchase most Switch games physically is because most or all of the game is on the cartridge. That's way different than the PS4 and its Blu-ray discs. And since Switch only supports microSD for expanding storage, the memory is far more expensive per GB. My Switch microSD is 128 GB, largely because I got it in 2017 when that size was more expensive. My PS4 external HDD is 2 TB.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Since my emails were ignored. Here I am, John2290, sick of these weak reasoned and lengthy moderations for saying the wrong thing and a mod team that is doing everything it can to kill this site quicker. So now that I've actually broken a rule instead of mildly hurting someones feelings without even interacting with them, I request my Permban on John2290 and of course this account will be banned. Please and thank you and good luck keeping this site alive while you alienate people with silly moderation.

Please permaban both accounts as it'll only end up that way at some point regardless, I can't help what comes out of my fingers nor where the line of what peoples find offensive lies these days and this is the most ridiculous ban I've had yet. https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9218671

John3290 said:
Since my emails were ignored. Here I am, John2290, sick of these weak reasoned and lengthy moderations for saying the wrong thing and a mod team that is doing everything it can to kill this site quicker. So now that I've actually broken a rule instead of mildly hurting someones feelings without even interacting with them, I request my Permban on John2290 and of course this account will be banned. Please and thank you and good luck keeping this site alive while you alienate people with silly moderation.

Please permaban both accounts as it'll only end up that way at some point regardless, I can't help what comes out of my fingers nor where the line of what peoples find offensive lies these days and this is the most ridiculous ban I've had yet. https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9218671

@CGI please permaban me. Thank you in advance.

Normally all physical, however then Covid-19 hit. So I bought Tlou 2 digital.
FS 2020 was only available digitally here so that choice was made for me.

I can't remember if I bought any other games this year. There were some small ones, Streets of rage, Creaks and Cuphead. Oh yeah and Dreams, digital. So actually I haven't bought any physical games this year :/

Like 95% physical. 

Bonus questions: not interested in the digital-only consoles and I never purchased any of the ones available in the past.

Around the Network
John3290 said:

Ah this sucks,take care and enjoy the new gen !

On consoles, it's about 50-50 between digital and physical.

On PC, it's been all digital since 2012, or even 2008 outside of collector's editions.

RolStoppable said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Ah this sucks,take care and enjoy the new gen !

Post link is dead, but I've heard that the original moderation was for his post with a poorly framed analogy of Microsoft buying up Zenimax is a Hiroshima, so Sony needs a Nagasaki as response.

Considering the size of Zenimax and what other studios Microsoft bought in the past years, a Czar Bomba would be more appropriate

I collect physical Halo releases. Other exceptions like Titanfall 2 and Doom. The wifey loves Assassins Creed and thus collects physical copies of all those games. Otherwise we completely digital.

If the Pc master race evolved out of physical media then naturally that’s the end goal for us console peasants lol

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Due to high prices of console games I buy most of my games physically on disc. Where it is significantly cheaper than on PS (UK) store. I usually wait a little longer after launch for prices to fall and/or play and trade. So I'm thinking about 90% physical/10% digital. The others will be down the PS Plus and sales throughout the year/s.