Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

100% physical 207 16.68%

80 - 99% physical 375 30.22%

60 - 79% physical 183 14.75%

40 - 59% physical 118 9.51%

20 - 39% physical 83 6.69%

1 - 19% physical 154 12.41%

0% physical 102 8.22%

I don't buy games 19 1.53%

Total:1,241

All AAA games physical, cheap as hell 3rd-pick games digitally.

Around the Network

100% digital for many years now.

20 retail games of which 18 are physical.

Got 18 more downloadable games, and maybe some of them have had physical re-releases since then.
Wont count them as retail since they were initially digital only games.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I try to buy everything physical but sometimes sales are really good for certain digital games. Im probably around 85-90% physical on PS4 and 100% on Switch.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Assuming you are talking just about the current generation, I don’t have a single physical game...

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Assuming you are talking just about the current generation, I don’t have a single physical game...

Damn.

I knew teachers don't get paid well, but not being able to afford video games is worse than I imagined.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Damn.

I knew teachers don't get paid well, but not being able to afford video games is worse than I imagined.

Hahaha, sadly very close to true...

100% physical, I never owned a digital-only console and I never will buy one. Should the future be digital-only, I will continue to play only on retro-consoles. I love to collect games (actually, with no intention to sell them), I love to own games (which you can't digitally) and I like to bring them to my friends. I have good hope that physical will not go away, after all we still can buy music CD's (even vinyl) and film DVD's and Blu-rays/Ultra HD Blu-rays. Music and film have the advantage that there are many different suppliers offering players, however, for gaming we have only the big 3, once this big 3 decide to go digital-only, there will be no other supplier offering a console playing physical media. However, at least Nintendo will remain physical. I was so happy to read their last Corporate Management Policy Briefing, released on September 16 (https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/events/index.html). In their future outlook for long-term initiatives (starting on page 43) they explicitly commit themselves to physical media (page 50).