By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

100% physical 207 16.68%

80 - 99% physical 375 30.22%

60 - 79% physical 183 14.75%

40 - 59% physical 118 9.51%

20 - 39% physical 83 6.69%

1 - 19% physical 154 12.41%

0% physical 102 8.22%

I don't buy games 19 1.53%

Total:1,241

Not including PC, I buy every game physical unless it's just too hard or expensive to get a copy.

For PC, it's a lot more even as physical copies are harder to find and sales just become too tempting.

Bonus: Not as long as I have a choice.

Around the Network

with the corona virus pandemic going on the last physical game that i bought was nioh2,

resident evil 3
final fantasy 7 remake
the last of us part 2
ghost of tsushima
and mortal shell has all been bought digitally so it did affect me by buying digital instead of physical plus my sister and i share an account so we both have a copy of the game lol!

Around two thirds of my games on my Switch are physical, and the digital ones are mostly games with very heavy discounts. I try to buy physical as much as possible, and only go to digital when there's a very good offer, otherwise it's not worth it.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Physical! Just like Olivia Newton-John!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

100% physical (including PC).
Also PS5 all-digital and Series-S are no systems I would ever consider buying.
A Series-S WITH a disc drive however would be a very tempting offer for me, but that doesnt exist (yet?)

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable

Around the Network

I am probably sitting at around 40% physical at the moment I'd estimate.

Those digital games I do buy though are not day one purchases. Those I still get physically.

Basically, the devs get less money from me overall....

0% Physical

Havn't bought a physical game that was available digitally since 2010. Only physical games I have breifly had since then, were all pack ins, but I have given all them away to family and friends.

I do still buy Movies on UHD Blu-ray from time to time, since the Quality on digital titles is held back. For that reason alone, I bought a $499.99 PS5. If Digital Movies ever match or surpass Physical in quality, then I will be completely done with Physical Media.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

80-99% physical for me. I do buy my Indies as digital, but that's because physical either doesn't exist for them or is 2-3 times regular price.

Next gen I'll probably wind up buying a lot more digital games. Both next gen consoles are weakscauce, with hardly any true exclusives, and both will break within 5 years' playtime. No sense in building up a physical collection if the hardware you play it on repeatedly dies. So for that reason, I'll be going Nintendo/PC next gen. And PC is 100% physical, sadly. :(

P.S. A PC will die too, but at least I can repair my own damned PC. Modern non-Nintendo consoles have the life expectancy of a laptop.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 21 September 2020

RolStoppable said:
I picked the 80-99% option which I expect to be the most popular one. On a site like this there have to be a lot enthusiasts who want to have an actual game collection, but there's always the occasional game where you waited on a discount, but then it turns out that the printrun of the game was so low that you could only get used copies at still a high price now. Then you settle for the heavily discounted digital version and there goes your 100% physical dream.

Happen to me with the order 1886. Droped to $10 while physical was $20. Still the only game ever that I chose digital. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

My current share is 0 %.
Might improve when i start catching up with switch titles but i currently buy everything digital.(mostly sales)