By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

Considering only games that are available in both physical and digital form, how high is your share of physical purchases?

100% physical 207 16.68%

80 - 99% physical 375 30.22%

60 - 79% physical 183 14.75%

40 - 59% physical 118 9.51%

20 - 39% physical 83 6.69%

1 - 19% physical 154 12.41%

0% physical 102 8.22%

I don't buy games 19 1.53%

Total:1,241

Excluding PC, it's all physical except for maybe some very rare exceptions. Normal prices for digital are horrible, and discount prices are worse than on PC. The day console gaming goes all digital might just be the day I quit console gaming because digital on consoles offers such horrible value.

On PC, it's practically everything digital. It makes no sense at all to me to buy physical games when you get a download code anyway and can't play without using the code, which is what 'physical' PC games largely seem to be these days. Absolutely worthless.

Around the Network

If the game is a full £50 release, it's physical, if it's only available digital, then digital. I do occastionally spend money on decent sales as digital but sadly UK Store competition prices mean PSN just aren't competitive so until they are, I will continue buying discs. I'd say due to me owning a fair few smaller games, about 70% discs.

I mean I can buy Watch_dogs Legion for PS5 can be purchased for £50, for PS4 digitally? £60.

Last edited by The Fury - on 21 September 2020

Hmm, pie.

For Switch and PS4 I buy all games physical, partly due to tiny storage and partly due to abhorrent download speeds (on PS, that is). On PC, I buy no games physically, I've been 100% digital for at least a decade now. On Xbox, I own all my games digital as well, but I only have two major titles (FH3 and 4) and a few classics from the Live Store (older AC games bought on sale).

I only buy digital games when they're significantly discounted. So far, I've only done this with two games (+ one that was free).

I don't buy physical usually, unless they're really cheaper, rarely buy games at launch though.

I'd say something like 20% of my games are physical, would be even less if not for my birthday gifts lol.

Around the Network

Extremely small selection of physical games. I think right now I own Forza 7, Control, Ass Creed Odyssey, Rage 2, and the Respawn Star Wars game physical. On PS4 I own nothing digital except the GTA that came with my console. On Switch though, I buy most games physical because the Nintendo games hold their values at a ridiculous level, so if I ever want to trade them in I can easily get $35+ in credit.

I haven’t actually checked, but if only counting the games that are available in both formats, I guess more than 80%

With Xbox One X, I switch to 100% digital... I have 9 Disc from when I own a Xbox One. I heard Microsoft store was converting game to digital, therefore; I brought all my disc but unfortunatly that program never kicked off. I wish Microsoft offered a all digital Xbox Series X since I plan to remain all digital.

The only Disc, I'm happy owning is Syberia 3 because of the nostalgia from loving the series otherwise I would prefer to convert them to digital.

If the difference in price for a game is minimal I will buy physical since I trade my games in when I'm done.

My digital games are either my free games, digital only games or stupidly cheap games due to sales.

This year I bought physical copies of:

1) nioh 2 special edition
2) Ys 8 collectors edition
3) Ni No Kuni 2 collectors edition
4) Division 2
5) borderlands 3
6) GoT
7) FF7R delux edition

My digital purchases are:

1) ps plus games
2) Persona 5

100% digital.