Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

No, I've already played 64 and Galaxy to death, and I didn't even like Sunshine, so this is not worth it $60 for me. However, I'm interested in 3D World since I skipped the Wii U.

Around the Network

Yes, though I'll shed a tear for Galaxy 2 while playing it.

Yea

I'm on the fence about it. I love 3D Mario games, but $60 for ports of Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy, seems overpriced to me. It should have included Galaxy 2 to make it more worth it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep
yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep!

Around the Network

I think the value is great. I am a business owner and understand and appreciate the maintaining of value both ways. If you play all 3 games enough, you easily get 60 hours of entertainment which equates to $1 an hour. Whether you are replaying them or not. It's up to the individual to determine if it is of value to them. People pay $10 or more an hour for all sorts of other entertainment. We have gotten used to a highly competitive videogame market in which software prices drop dramatically very fast. This actually isn't good for the industry IMO. Thus DLC, microtransactions, season passes, and the like. And if the sales of one game don't do well, a company can crumble. The nice thing about how Nintendo has approached the issue, is by balancing value, quality, and scarcity. They know how to maintain the value of their products. That extends to the value of their resale and trade in. Regardless, to each their own, but to me i love these games and will definitely purchase this. The omission of Super Mario Galaxy 2 does sting a bit and I feel as thought that is a mistake. Maybe it will be free DLC? Or paid? I have a version of Bayonetta 2 which included a free download of part 1. You must remember, the carts that the Switch uses are limited in storage and maybe it was a cost decision based on that.

trunkswd said:
I'm on the fence about it. I love 3D Mario games, but $60 for ports of Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy, seems overpriced to me. It should have included Galaxy 2 to make it more worth it.

The only logic about the pricing seems to be this...

$10 for Super Mario 64 

$20 for Super Mario Sunshine

$20 for Super Mario Galaxy

$10 for the soundtrack selection and being on Switch.

But that's all really steep. In a more ideal world, we would've gotten Super Mario Galaxy 2 included as well. Or Nintendo would've remade the 4 games. Charge $60 for 64 and Sunshine as a duology, and $60 for a 2 pack of Galaxy remakes. But with the pricing they picked, I would not put it past Nintendo to release all 4 games separately as remakes for $40-$60 a piece.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

PS4: 130 mil (was 100 million) Xbox One: 55 mil (was 50 mil) Switch: 110 million (was 73, then 96 million)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

They'll probably add Galaxy 2 later as $30 DLC

I'm never buying any of Ninty's no-effort releases. They do so much of that garbage, and I'm just not going to feed into it. I'll buy every new Mario platformer, and I'd probably buy this collection if they made some real improvements. But, I'm not paying $60 for old games.

Wman1996 said:
trunkswd said:

The only logic about the pricing seems to be this...

$10 for Super Mario 64 

$20 for Super Mario Sunshine

$20 for Super Mario Galaxy

$10 for the soundtrack selection and being on Switch.

But that's all really steep. In a more ideal world, we would've gotten Super Mario Galaxy 2 included as well. Or Nintendo would've remade the 4 games. Charge $60 for 64 and Sunshine as a duology, and $60 for a 2 pack of Galaxy remakes. But with the pricing they picked, I would not put it past Nintendo to release all 4 games separately as remakes for $40-$60 a piece.

Yeah, that makes sense with your pricing for 3D All-Stars, but still sounds too high. If it included Galaxy 2 I'd be less on the fence. I'd rather Nintendo have put more effort into the games completely overhauling the graphics to make them look modern and charge $60 for Mario 64 and Sunshine bundle and $60 for Galaxy 1 and 2. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.