By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

Now we finally know what the Mario Collection is, so I'm replacing my previous thread from when we still didn't know what it would be.

The collection is straight HD ports of Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. Oddly no Galaxy 2

Plus, also very strangely, it is only available for 6 months. Releasing Sept 18th and available through March.

So now that we know what it is exactly. do you plan on getting this?

Mario Collection starts at the 8:55 mark in the video:

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 03 September 2020

Around the Network

No

Nein

Already pre ordered

Probably. Not thrilled at the value or the ambition... but two of my favorite games in portable form is too tempting.

Around the Network

Yes, but under protest. I know Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy are some of the most acclaimed games ever. And Super Mario Sunshine is loved as well. But $60 for pretty much 3 straight ports is very steep. I could forgive that more if Super Mario Galaxy 2 was included. I could also forgive it more if they weren't pulling the whole Disney Vault thing for physical and digital copies.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I'm usually a "digital only" guy but I'm gonna do everything in my power to get the physical version. I NEED this in my life!!

Btw, I would have been happy with any one of these games on their own. As a collection? HELL YEAH!!

I just wonder how you play galaxy without motion controls on a Switch Lite... Probably super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

Wait. Why is everyone saying "no"? To trick me into letting my guard down so they can get all of the physical copies?

Obviously i am

No. I own them already and hated Sunshine and Galaxy. I have 64 on N64 and DS. I liked the 3D world but not enough to spend $60 on a 2013 game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!