Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

Nope, the ports doesn't seem to have received a good graphical overhaul to deserve the pricing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Still undecided, i will think about it for a few months and forget its existence to only remember when i'm too late to buy it.

Gonna probably end up getting this digital right when it comes out. I'm super disappointed about Nintendo holding Galaxy 2 out, but I'm getting excited about being able to play the other three games (in HD!) for the first time in many many years. Obviously it's well worth the price for anyone who doesn't still have these games, even despite the sting of them intentionally leaving Galaxy 2 out for who knows what reason.

I think I played Mario 64 a ton on N64, but Sunshine and Galaxy I just did a single playthrough and then set them aside, so I'm most interested in going through those two again. And I'm sure eventually I'll rock on on M64 again as well.

This I'm sure will get added to the list of Switch's 10+ million sellers, despite the fact that it is only going to be available for 6 months.

Yep. Mario Galaxy is one of the best of all time and I would've bought it by itself. Never actually finished 64 or Sunshine, so it'll be a good chance to run through them too.

I havn't preordered it. I was still thinking of either going for digital or physical. Since physical is sold out for pre-order, I will go to Media Markt on friday in the morning and try to get me a copy. If I can't, I'll buy it digital.

From the 3 games, I've never played Sunshine.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

Around the Network

With how well this is doing i can only assume there will be more collections .

Immersiveunreality said:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and DK64 - RARE64 Collection

I will DIE of joy if it happens.

Dulfite said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Don't give me hope.

Dulfite said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Microsoft owns the rights to the Banjo franchise. I could see them doing something similar to what Activision did with Crash and Spyro and do full remakes, but the collection would likely only come out on Xbox and PC. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Looks like Nintendo is screwing up the 3D All-Stars release by first limiting its availability time and now compounding that with not even making enough physical copies.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/online_retailer_cancels_orders_for_super_mario_3d_all-stars_due_to_woefully_short_supply

You'd think they would at least flood stores with physical copies given its limited release, especially with the holidays coming up.