By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

I havn't preordered it. I was still thinking of either going for digital or physical. Since physical is sold out for pre-order, I will go to Media Markt on friday in the morning and try to get me a copy. If I can't, I'll buy it digital.

From the 3 games, I've never played Sunshine.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

With how well this is doing i can only assume there will be more collections .

Immersiveunreality said:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and DK64 - RARE64 Collection

I will DIE of joy if it happens.

Dulfite said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, and DK64 - RARE64 Collection

I will DIE of joy if it happens.

Don't give me hope.

Looks like Nintendo is screwing up the 3D All-Stars release by first limiting its availability time and now compounding that with not even making enough physical copies.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/09/online_retailer_cancels_orders_for_super_mario_3d_all-stars_due_to_woefully_short_supply

You'd think they would at least flood stores with physical copies given its limited release, especially with the holidays coming up.

Around the Network

Yeah, sm 64 is overrated as hell and galaxy makes me dizzy and nauseous. But ive been wanting to give sunsgine anotger try and cube copies are probably close to $60 so i might as well grab it.

CarcharodonKraz said:
Yeah, sm 64 is overrated as hell and galaxy makes me dizzy and nauseous. But ive been wanting to give sunsgine anotger try and cube copies are probably close to $60 so i might as well grab it.

You must have not been around in the 90s. M64 was a revolutionary game. I can see how playing it now might seem underwhelming in graphics, detail, and scope if you are simply comparing it to modern game standards, but taking it into context as a 24 year old game it is incredible and of course in any context it is still amazingly fun.

Slownenberg said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

You must have not been around in the 90s. M64 was a revolutionary game. I can see how playing it now might seem underwhelming in graphics, detail, and scope if you are simply comparing it to modern game standards, but taking it into context as a 24 year old game it is incredible and of course in any context it is still amazingly fun.

I was indeed. And there were alot of great things about it. But the ollectathon concept and itemless combat really turned me off. And platformer doesnt work as well in 3d as it does in 2d.  Technically speaking it was great for its time, but i just didnt find it fun. Including the fire flower wouldve solved ALOT. Never said it was trash or anything but people act like it was the 2nd coming of jebus. When, to me, its leagues away from ocarina or even conkers bad fur day.

Yes, I have the game pre-ordered and I am strangely hyped for it. People shouldn't underestimate how much selling power this collection has and how important it is for the Switch.

I think there is a big change happening right now in the video gaming market that most of us fail to see because it is taking place over years and decades: Classics (and especially optimised versions of classics) are getting more and more important. 20 years ago, gaming was still a new medium and there was only a handful of classic console games one had to play. Thus, new releases were the most important thing. But in 2020 there are so many classics (as in: timeless titles you just have to experience as a gamer) that their importance just keeps increasing. You want me to give you the name of a horror game you absolutely have to play? I won't recommend Resident Evil VII to you, but will point you towards the first Resident Evil (or rather the HD remaster of the remake!). You want to play a 2D platformer? Go play Super Mario Bros. 3, not Rayman Legends. A 3D platformer? Heck, get this 3D Allstars collection before you dive into any other game. It's the same with movies and books: Sure, the first "Alien" movie has aged a bit but it is still iconic and a classic. Same goes for classic books: Lord of the Rings does not have the most modern writing style (which is the book-equivalent of: It has bad graphics) but it's still a better experience than 99% of modern fantasy novels out there.

I feel this slow revolution is going to change the gaming market tremendously and is one of the reasons the Switch is so successful: It doesn't need the latest western AAA third party games if you can play Resident Evil, Spyro, Mario 3D Allstars and classic Final Fantasy on it. 

Back to topic: I'm looking forward to playing through Sunshine and Galaxy again and I also want to show Mario 64 to my girlfriend and have her play that for a bit. I'm a bit bummed we didn't get Galaxy 2. Also, I didn't expect Nintendo to give us full remakes but I think Mario 64 should've been widescreen at 60fps and Sunshine should've been 60fps, too. 

Just pre-ordered mine, the first time in years I pre-order anything, I don't want them to run out of physical copies. Ordered mine from an outlet with large stock and relatively low traffic on Nintendo titles and gear to make sure I get mine as soon as possible. I never played Sunshine or Galaxy, so this is awesome!