By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

Maybe, depending on the price. Nowhere near launch regardless.

Around the Network
Podings said:
I own all three games and their respective systems in working condition, so it's a 'no' leaning towards an extremely vague 'maybe' for me.

Me too, but I've always wanted SMG in HD and, as mentioned before, I HOPE they do some little tweaks and improvements like they did with Wind Waker HD like fix the camera in Sunshine. At the very least, I'll be happy to have them on the go.

I wasn't the biggest fan on SMG 2 but I would've liked seeing Super Mario 3D Land. 🙄

Nope. Over priced really for what is essentially a straight port. Why didnt they Remake atleast SM64. It just looks crap compared to all the recently remade PSone games, RE2, crash, spyro etc.

Wait, this collection is going to be available for a limited time only? Why? That makes no sense whatsoever. I could kinda understand the physical version being limited in some way, but what reason is there to make the digital version limited as well? That's just ridiculous.

JWeinCom said:
super_etecoon said:

VGC is about as a reclusive of a spot as you can find on the internet (have you seen our numbers lately?).  That's what I like about this place...it's secluded and has a very low overhead and for the most part the neighbors, though somewhat cantankerous, tend to just like playing videogames and watching movies and rarely get out pitchforks and tiki torches.  And it's one thing to complain to vent, by the way, or to explain why something isn't worth your purchase.  It's a whole other thing to attempt an online bullying effort of a company so you can get something for free that hundreds of people poured thousands of hours of their lives into to make it a darn near masterpiece. It's all relative.

Don't see how complaining about things in a forum is different than doing so on Twitter. Or how telling a company you don't think their product is worth the price they're asking would be bullying.

First off, we don't @nintendo here.  In other words, we're mostly talking amongst ourselves, which I think is a healthy way to vent. 

Second, something not being worth the price they are asking is much different than "I really wish if enough people called Nintendo out on social media about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they would add it to this compilation for free."

If you don't think @ing a company and demanding something for free isn't bullying, then you may want to expand your definition of the term.  I think requesting Mario Galaxy 2 as a $10 DLC might get more traction and will come off way less entitled and might get you the DLC for free anyway. 

I don't take exception with the desire and opinion, I take exception with the method and the intent...and the openness with which you laid out basically an extortion scheme.  "Give us what we want, dammit, or we will flood your Twitter presence with bad PR."  Kind of an odd thing to do to a company that you "love" and can't wait to enjoy their products. And who knows how much $$$ you're saving or making with your campaign, especially considering we don't know their plans with SMG2.  

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
JWeinCom said:

Don't see how complaining about things in a forum is different than doing so on Twitter. Or how telling a company you don't think their product is worth the price they're asking would be bullying.

First off, we don't @nintendo here.  In other words, we're mostly talking amongst ourselves, which I think is a healthy way to vent. 

Second, something not being worth the price they are asking is much different than "I really wish if enough people called Nintendo out on social media about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they would add it to this compilation for free."

If you don't think @ing a company and demanding something for free isn't bullying, then you may want to expand your definition of the term.  I think requesting Mario Galaxy 2 as a $10 DLC might get more traction and will come off way less entitled and might get you the DLC for free anyway. 

I don't take exception with the desire and opinion, I take exception with the method and the intent...and the openness with which you laid out basically an extortion scheme.  "Give us what we want, dammit, or we will flood your Twitter presence with bad PR."  Kind of an odd thing to do to a company that you "love" and can't wait to enjoy their products. And who knows how much $$$ you're saving or making with your campaign, especially considering we don't know their plans with SMG2.  

No, I don't think telling a company that you don't think their product is worth the price they're charging and asking that they add something to the product to make it worth the price is either bullying or extortion. Nor does it fit any other definition of the term that I've been presented with. 

I am, pre-ordered it yesterday. Simply haven't played these games.

But I must admit, the more I think about it, the more the lack of Galaxy 2 bothers me. Specifically because it's such an odd and needless omission.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

But I must admit, the more I think about it, the more the lack of Galaxy 2 bothers me. Specifically because it's such an odd and needless omission.

It could be just a timing thing. I don't know how much effort it would take to polish up these games, but it may just not have been feasible to do it and still get it out when they wanted, especially with the virus. Since this runs on the same engine as Galaxy, someone with more knowledge may have to let me know if that's a viable theory. 

Also, I'm not 100% sure it won't be included either as an unlockable or as DLC (paid or free). This is just my theory based on the image they made for the game.

IMO that space on the right looks oddly empty and out of place. 

JWeinCom said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It could be just a timing thing. I don't know how much effort it would take to polish up these games, but it may just not have been feasible to do it and still get it out when they wanted, especially with the virus. Since this runs on the same engine as Galaxy, someone with more knowledge may have to let me know if that's a viable theory. 

Also, I'm not 100% sure it won't be included either as an unlockable or as DLC (paid or free). This is just my theory based on the image they made for the game.

IMO that space on the right looks oddly empty and out of place. 

I hope it's free, though ... Galaxy 2 was originally supposed to be paid DLC for Galaxy  

So I can actually bully a billionaire company...

Never realized how powerful I am

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 04 September 2020