By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137
super_etecoon said:
JWeinCom said:

Well... I mean... you are taking the time to post on a gaming forum... so... feels like a pot and kettle situation.

VGC is about as a reclusive of a spot as you can find on the internet (have you seen our numbers lately?).  That's what I like about this place...it's secluded and has a very low overhead and for the most part the neighbors, though somewhat cantankerous, tend to just like playing videogames and watching movies and rarely get out pitchforks and tiki torches.  And it's one thing to complain to vent, by the way, or to explain why something isn't worth your purchase.  It's a whole other thing to attempt an online bullying effort of a company so you can get something for free that hundreds of people poured thousands of hours of their lives into to make it a darn near masterpiece. It's all relative.

Don't see how complaining about things in a forum is different than doing so on Twitter. Or how telling a company you don't think their product is worth the price they're asking would be bullying.

Around the Network

Good for 6 months? Sometimes Nintendo is weird when it comes to its business decisions. It would have been better if the 3 games were Mario 64, Sunshine, and 3D World because it is hard to separate Galaxy 1 and 2. Then next year, it's time for Galaxy collection of 1 and 2. Maybe Nintendo is planning a 40th anniversary collection that includes Galaxy 2, 3D World, and Odyssey for the next gen Switch come 2025.

I'm tempted, but typical Nintendo to not include Galaxy 2 and charge 60 euro for it.

Depends on the price - $40 is probably day one, though I'm a bit disappointed that Galaxy 2 is excluded as I prefered that over Galaxy 1, and there's seemingly little extra content. Still, it's almost worth it just to play a high-res Mario 64 on the big screen & on the go. Sunshine is actually somewhat appealing, as I've been wanting to give it another chance and this is a good opportunity to do so. I really only burned through it once over the course of a couple months like 18 years ago and never revisited it since so I'd like to really soak it in and give it another look. Galaxy 1 is good I spose, not my favourite but average. If anything it definitely lends itself to the HD enhancements. 

Edit: oof.. It's $60? Nm.. W/Galaxy 2 I can almost justify that but without it? It's rather overpriced.. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

The 3D mario collection is the tempting one (Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy).
Wish they had dropped 64, and isntead given us Galaxy II as well.

Around the Network

I will probably wait some time after release before I decide to buy the 3D all stars or not.
Want to know if they updated more than the resolution and what.

I had hoped for more. A visual update of the textures.
And not a mention of Galaxy 2. That is my favorite 3D Mario and it was not even part of the Mario celebration clip at the end of the direct. It's like they did not want to draw attention to the fact that that game exist. But it is such a glaring omission.

The 3d all star game just seems lazy. Getting a bit tired of Nintendo latly.

I really want to play it. Galaxy is one of my favourite games ever (I think it's overall way better than Galaxy 2) and playing it on the go at HD resolutions would be amazing. I always tried to play Mario 64 on the NDS, emulators or VC but the controls always felt strange and clunky, so maybe a Switch port can make it feel right. And I always wanted to try out Sunshine.

But... they did so many questionable decisions with this collection. With very little effort, it could have been so much better... And it's 60 euros when actual remastered/remade trilogies like Spyro and Crash are right there sitting at 35-40 euros. So... with all the sorrow in my heart, I have to say no. I'm not buying it.

I think I will, I never owned a Nintendo console between N64 and Switch so I've missed several main installment of Mario. For me it's great value even at 60$.

Yes.

With Mario Galaxy and especially 64 being two of the greatest games ever made you can’t really complain. Still, I wished Nintendo would actually remake some things some times; Mario 64 in modern graphics would’ve been amazing. Also, I guess this will be the first time Sunshine is ever re-released and available on anything other than GameCube, so that’s something to note. The limited window is annoying though, what’s that all about.

EDIT: Pre-ordered. And the Game & Watch as well.

EDIT 2: And sold out.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 04 September 2020

I'll definitively get Super Mario 3D World, the other pack doesn't seem that good. Especially when I can play all of them on my Wii already. Super Mario 64 is going to be hard to install at this point in time, but it's feasible.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.