By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

Don't like 3D Jump&Run at all, so sadly nothing for me.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:

If they really wanted to blow people away and get everyone pumped they should have remade M64 with Odyssey level graphics and sold it separately full price, and then put Galaxy 2 in this collection to replace 64. That way the people who wanted remakes get a remake and its the game that is by far the most dated and therefore most could use a remake, and we still get all the games, and then Nintendo gets to sell two $60 packages that are both guaranteed to sell many millions.

Yeah, SM64 would deserve the treatment Crash, Spyro and Ratchet got.

It pisses me off that galaxy 2 isn't included, but since I haven't beaten any of the games I'll still buy the collection. I just hope they release galaxy 2 as dlc or something.

Wman1996 said:
mZuzek said:

I wonder how Nintendo will react to reading this comment after receiving your $60.

Fair point. But I would've bought several Wii U ports by now (even some that I already owned on Wii U) if they were $30-$40 instead of $60. The only Wii U port I ever got on Switch was Mario Kart so that I could play it with family and because I got it at a discount. 

Me paying $60 for this 3D Mario package is an exception, not the rule. But yes, Nintendo cares at the end of the day that they will get my $60. 

I really wish if enough people called Nintendo out on social media about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they would add it to this compilation for free.

Yep, that's what I need to see more of in my newsfeeds.  Pointless whining about things that aren't actually the end of the world while it seems like the real end of the world is actually happening.  You are the future for us all.

I'll get it mainly for Sunshine, which I haven't played since it first came out. Would have been nice to have both Galaxy games, but I actually prefer the first one, so I can live with 2 being absent.

Around the Network

If Nintendo included Super Mario Galaxy 2, it would be a definite yes.
But I think that one missing means a "probably not."

It looks kind of like a James Cameron classics collection that features Aliens, Terminator 1, The Abyss, and True Lies for 50 USD. Something's missing, but at the same time, it feels padded to justify the price.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

super_etecoon said:
Wman1996 said:

Fair point. But I would've bought several Wii U ports by now (even some that I already owned on Wii U) if they were $30-$40 instead of $60. The only Wii U port I ever got on Switch was Mario Kart so that I could play it with family and because I got it at a discount. 

Me paying $60 for this 3D Mario package is an exception, not the rule. But yes, Nintendo cares at the end of the day that they will get my $60. 

I really wish if enough people called Nintendo out on social media about Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they would add it to this compilation for free.

Yep, that's what I need to see more of in my newsfeeds.  Pointless whining about things that aren't actually the end of the world while it seems like the real end of the world is actually happening.  You are the future for us all.

Well... I mean... you are taking the time to post on a gaming forum... so... feels like a pot and kettle situation.

I'm definitely getting this. Mario Galaxy is my favorite Mario. Well really Galaxy 2. I've never played Sunshine before, so this will be my chance to finally get into it. I'm going for the physical copy.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

JWeinCom said:
super_etecoon said:

Well... I mean... you are taking the time to post on a gaming forum... so... feels like a pot and kettle situation.

VGC is about as a reclusive of a spot as you can find on the internet (have you seen our numbers lately?).  That's what I like about this place...it's secluded and has a very low overhead and for the most part the neighbors, though somewhat cantankerous, tend to just like playing videogames and watching movies and rarely get out pitchforks and tiki torches.  And it's one thing to complain to vent, by the way, or to explain why something isn't worth your purchase.  It's a whole other thing to attempt an online bullying effort of a company so you can get something for free that hundreds of people poured thousands of hours of their lives into to make it a darn near masterpiece. It's all relative.

super_etecoon said:

it's secluded and has a very low overhead and for the most part the neighbors, though somewhat cantankerous, tend to just like playing videogames and watching movies and rarely get out pitchforks and tiki torches.  

Highly debatable