By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

I'll be getting this even though I know Nintendo could've easily done better.

Around the Network

Yup, I'll be getting it! Can't wait to have those three games on the go!

Signature goes here!

Yes, after thinking about it for a bit I think I will probably get it.

The collection was exactly what I was expecting other than the Galaxy 2 omission (which I also was kind of expecting just cuz Nintendo makes dumb anti-consumer decisions but I was praying my fears would be wrong). I'm VERY displeased that Galaxy 2 isn't in it because that is the best of the bunch and I'm much more interested in replaying the Galaxy games than 64 and Sunshine, not to mention the fact it makes no sense to omit it, like imagine a Metroid Prime Collection that didn't have Prime 3, that'd be dumb, as is this omission. So while I'm definitely disappointed in such a senseless decision to not include Galaxy 2, I'll probably get it as having the other three games available to play again is well worth it since I don't have any of my old systems anymore.

Also not really interested in 3D World, just doesn't look terribly appealing to me, and without knowing if a second new 3D Mario game is gonna hit the Switch, this will give me more great 3D Mario action to play, even though I've played them all before.

V-r0cK said:
I'll be getting this even though I know Nintendo could've easily done better.

haha yeah this sums it up. If it just had Galaxy 2 it'd be perfect. but will likely get it anyway cuz it's still a fantastic collection.

Day 1. Awesome stuff.

Around the Network

Nope, they couldn't even be bothered to really upgrade much of anything. Yet Monolith Soft went back and made a massive Wii RPG game look great. I've played these games countless times and I just don't like how low effort this is. I mean, just look at the box art. Didn't even try.

Of course, Nintendo likes to focus on making new software so I understand why they don't allocate staff to work on remaking 3 fundamentally different games but I just can't make myself get excited about this. But I'm not going to crap on your parade if you're hyped, do enjoy the collection if you're excited for it!

Seems a little half assed without Galaxy 2. Also weird limited time availability.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bandorr said:
Probably.
IF (and this is the big if) I can play Mario Galaxy with regular controls. Pro controller or handheld.
I want to play Mario 64 again. But I want it on a nice handheld and not the 3ds. I never played the other two. So if I can play them on a regular controller I'm leaning toward yes.

All three must be able to be played with a regular controller though. Paying $60 but missing out on 33% of the games would not be okay.

It has already been confirmed that motion controls are optional. So no need to worry.

Bandorr said:
Probably.
IF (and this is the big if) I can play Mario Galaxy with regular controls. Pro controller or handheld.
I want to play Mario 64 again. But I want it on a nice handheld and not the 3ds. I never played the other two. So if I can play them on a regular controller I'm leaning toward yes.

All three must be able to be played with a regular controller though. Paying $60 but missing out on 33% of the games would not be okay.

The only thing that is motion control required is the 2 player mode for Galaxy (which is basically pointing at star bits and shooting them at enemies for the person not controlling Mario).

Signature goes here!

The limited availability and lack of Super Mario Galaxy 2 are strange.

That being said...I've been waiting for Sunshine to be available. Both my girlfriend and I have ever since we heard the rumor. This is a day one buy and I already preordered.