By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Pros:
We're getting the first three 3D Mario games on Switch, and they're coming September 18th.
Cons:
$60 for three ports of old games, that's very steep. I'll pay it, but complaining at the same time.
No Super Mario Galaxy 2. There's no reason not to include it. Heck, they could've released two separate packages if they're worried about price. 64 and Sunshine for $20-30 and the Galaxy duology for $40-$50
Limited release. I can kind of understand the physical release being limited. Switch carts are more expensive than discs. There's no excuse for the digital edition to be a limited time.
Why did they wait so long to confirm this release if it's out in a few weeks? We should've had this confirmed at E3.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
So SM All Atars 2 is a collection of low effort ports with high resolution graphics?

No way for me to buy this lmao

Not even Nintendo seems to have much faith on this, the physical edition is limited like... why?

On positive note, it's only a Semptember released. So we still have nothing for November. They are still saving something for Christmas

I wonder about that. I still think we'll get a full direct within this or next month, but that would be extremely late to announce something big for this year. I see your point though. If they had nothing why not release the collection in November.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Pretty neat overall. Not gonna get 3D All-Stars as it was what I feared but I know a lot of people are going to be into this. Only thing I really want to know more about is the new 3D World stuff.

wombat123 said:
I had a feeling that if another Mario Kart game were going to release on the Switch, it wouldn't be a traditional one because MK8:D's success gave Nintendo's devs the green light to indulge themselves even though what they want may not be what the market wants (a new, traditional Mario Kart game). Also, I wonder what the 3D Mario team is working on because all of this (3D remasters+additional levels on Mario 3D World+SMB35) shouldn't have taken three years.

They are definitely working on the next 3D Mario. I dont think this took up much of their time. If it even was the main team working on it.

Bandorr said:
Unimpressed to say the least.
The Gaming watch, Kart, Shoes/Clothes etc all felt like cheap toys aimed at kids.
I enjoyed "all stars" because it collected the games into one. They are already all on the switch. So little gain there.

They didn't announce anything about 3d world other than "bowsers fury". What's changed? Oh and it's Feb of next year - at the earliest.

64 is a port. No galaxy 2. Odds are they are forcing Joycon use - oh and it's full price. Oh and incase people are thinking "I'll get it when it's cheap" they set a deadline of 6 months. They stop digital AND physical in march.

Shhhhh, don't tell them Nintendo is scamming us

People see the name Mario and just go crazy, let them be

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
Bandorr said:
The Gaming watch, Kart, Shoes/Clothes etc all felt like cheap toys aimed at kids.
I enjoyed "all stars" because it collected the games into one. They are already all on the switch. So little gain there.

They didn't announce anything about 3d world other than "bowsers fury". What's changed? Oh and it's Feb of next year - at the earliest.

64 is a port. No galaxy 2. Odds are they are forcing Joycon use - oh and it's full price. Oh and incase people are thinking "I'll get it when it's cheap" they set a deadline of 6 months. They stop digital AND physical in march.

How is it a scam? They are not forcing you to buy anything.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Bandorr said:

Everyone values things different, this isn’t a scam to me 

Not interested in any of that aside from maybe 3D World since I still haven't played it (I skipped the Wii U).

Just as I thought, the 3D collection is super underwhelming, not even Galaxy 2 the better of the two games

RolStoppable said:
That was an okay Direct.

I had expected that Super Mario 64 gets remade while Sunshine and Galaxy would only get remastered, but it's remasters across the board in the collection. Makes the absence of Galaxy 2 sting more. Not that I was particularly interested in such a collection to begin with.

The Mario Kart spinoff doesn't interest me personally. It doesn't look like it can live up to the quality of the main series.

The re-release of Super Mario 3D World comes with some new content, but that's not going to be enough to make me buy the game again.

The biggest letdown (but also totally expected) is that the 35th anniversary of SMB doesn't get celebrated with a new SMB game. Doubly disappointing because it has already been eight years since the last game.

3D Mario > 2D Mario.

You need to accept this if we are ever going to get over our bad blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Too bad M64 isn't a remake because it does look rough these days.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.