Around the Network
Marth said:

Imo you can also cross off Yoshi, Kirby and Paper Mario,

Portstation...erhhh portendo. 

green_sky said:
Marth said:

To be fair though, some of those crossed out games didn’t get ported or remastered but got a sequel so they shouldn’t really have been counted;

Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Bros. WiiU, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash plus the mentioned Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, Paper Mario Color Splash and Yoshi’s Wooly World. And Breath of the Wild was multiplat so that’s different as well.

But sure, the point of WiiU ever having existed  diminishes by the day it seems.

Of those 33 games, 13 were ported/remastered, 7 got a sequel, 1 was multiplat and 12 are still unique (though 2 are remasters in themselves).

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 06 September 2020

green_sky said:
Marth said:

If people don't want to play the games again they don't have to, but this makes those ports available for the soon to be 70-100 million Switch owners that didn't own a Wii U. Nothing wrong with those people having the option to play old Wii U games on their current device.

Not like those ports took a lot of effort, devs, or time. Switch basically is the same graphics level as Wii U with slight enhancements made. Just like Wii was to GameCube. They only truly upgrade power/graphics every two generations, so I suspect Switch 2 games will look significantly better than Switch 1, which also means if they port Switch 1 games over to 2 they will look noticably worse than Wii U games look compared to Switch.

Dulfite said:
green_sky said:

If people don't want to play the games again they don't have to, but this makes those ports available for the soon to be 70-100 million Switch owners that didn't own a Wii U. Nothing wrong with those people having the option to play old Wii U games on their current device.

Not like those ports took a lot of effort, devs, or time. Switch basically is the same graphics level as Wii U with slight enhancements made. Just like Wii was to GameCube. They only truly upgrade power/graphics every two generations, so I suspect Switch 2 games will look significantly better than Switch 1, which also means if they port Switch 1 games over to 2 they will look noticably worse than Wii U games look compared to Switch.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. 

Portendo. Hyrbid system with less original games than the freaking Wii U. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 06 September 2020

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Dulfite said:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. 

Portendo. Hyrbid system with less original games than the freaking Wii U. 

Dulfite is right. You are being unreasonable and reactive in a weird search for drama. You should probably cut that out. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Dulfite is right. You are being unreasonable and reactive in a weird search for drama. You should probably cut that out. 

I'll cut it out but please mind your own business too. Thanks. 

I wonder what nintendo will do when they launch the switch 2 and won’t have Wii U ports to fill in the gaps.

gamingsoul said:
I wonder what nintendo will do when they launch the switch 2 and won’t have Wii U ports to fill in the gaps.

Stop being unreasonable. 

gamingsoul said:

Switch was rushed as Wii U was cut short, yet still had had plenty of new exclusives. That being said, since Switch 2 won't be rushed due to the success of Switch 1, and considering how much time they've had to work on next gen games while smaller teams port Wii U he's over to Switch 1, I suspect they are going to have considerably more exclusives next gen. It's not like teams of hundreds are sitting around doing nothing while 10 of them port over things like MK8 Delux.