By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

MasonADC said:
If Nintendo doesn’t have a November game I wonder why they didn’t just throw SM3DW up there

I mean obviously they have games for the holidays. The fact that Mario Collection is coming out this month and isn't the big holiday release confirms that the big holiday game(s) are gonna be something non-Mario.

BotW2 this holiday is looking more likely than ever. Of course it could be a game they haven't even teased yet.

Around the Network

it was fun to watch but meh I will skip the 3d all stars since there is basically no upgrade besides resolution plus no galaxy 2! Still nothing for me to play this year since I didn't really get into Animal crossing :P

I can't believe I have barely played anything this year :O

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Slownenberg said:
MasonADC said:
If Nintendo doesn’t have a November game I wonder why they didn’t just throw SM3DW up there

I mean obviously they have games for the holidays. The fact that Mario Collection is coming out this month and isn't the big holiday release confirms that the big holiday game(s) are gonna be something non-Mario.

BotW2 this holiday is looking more likely than ever. Of course it could be a game they haven't even teased yet.

I think Bravely Default 2 might be the November game. I think they are publishing it. Its been a rough year, so I dont expect a huge Nintendo game this holiday.

Slownenberg said:
MasonADC said:

What big, new game could they announced and be out in November? I really don’t think botw 2 could come out so soon when they don’t even have a gameplay trailer yet lol. I’m finding it hard to believe they have a *new* game for the holiday 

Roma said:
it was fun to watch but meh I will skip the 3d all stars since there is basically no upgrade besides resolution plus no galaxy 2! Still nothing for me to play this year since I didn't really get into Animal crossing :P

I can't believe I have barely played anything this year :O

Bug Fables, Shantae, Mario RPG are all worth buying and excellent games.  Bug Fables and Shantae can be bought elsewhere if preferred.  I have high hopes for Baldo when it comes out.  At least the still images of Mario Sunshine and Galaxy look fantastic on the Switch eshop screens.

Around the Network

A couple of years ago miyamoto said that he does not want to remake old Mario games in Hd. I wonder if this sentiment still stands with the rest of Nintendo and that’s why they didn’t remake these titles.

MasonADC said:
Slownenberg said:

What big, new game could they announced and be out in November? I really don’t think botw 2 could come out so soon when they don’t even have a gameplay trailer yet lol. I’m finding it hard to believe they have a *new* game for the holiday 

What does not announcing something yet or have gameplay trailer have to do with having it ready? Nothing.

Paper Mario wasn't announced till two months (or less?) before it came out. Mario Collection wasn't officially announced until 15 days before it comes out.

There is no reason to think they won't have a big new game for the holidays. If they didn't, they would be releasing Mario Collection in November, or 3D World in November. That's all the proof we need that there's big stuff for the holidays that we will find out about soon.

BotW2 has been in development for a while. They had enough to show a teaser trailer at E3 2019. It's using the same map (probably altered though) as BotW, and therefore can share plenty of assets as well, which means development time will be much shorter than if they were building a world from scratch. I'm not saying it is definitely coming out this holiday, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if it did. I'd be more surprised if a big game they haven't even teased yet comes out over BotW2 this holiday, but still just because we haven't even heard about a game doesn't mean its not about to come out. Nintendo has been holding off announcing stuff until close to the release date as of late, so it isn't that surprising we don't know what the big holiday title(s) will be yet.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 03 September 2020

Huh, well that’s disappointing.
They didn’t even bother with remastering the All-Stars games, no Galaxy 2, and what’s with the limited release crap?
At least 3D World Deluxe, SMB 35, and the original Mario All Stars coming to Switch Online were highlights. Besides that, for Mario’s 35th anniversary, this was actually a bit of a let down.

Slownenberg said:
MasonADC said:

What does not announcing something yet or have gameplay trailer have to do with having it ready? Nothing.

Paper Mario wasn't announced till two months (or less?) before it came out. Mario Collection wasn't officially announced until 15 days before it comes out.

There is no reason to think they won't have a big new game for the holidays. If they didn't, they would be releasing Mario Collection in November, or 3D World in November. That's all the proof we need that there's big stuff for the holidays that we will find out about soon.

BotW2 has been in development for a while. They had enough to show a teaser trailer at E3 2019. It's using the same map (probably altered though) as BotW, and therefore can share plenty of assets as well, which means development time will be much shorter than if they were building a world from scratch. I'm not saying it is definitely coming out this holiday, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if it did. I'd be more surprised if a big game they haven't even teased yet comes out over BotW2 this holiday.

Holiday titles tend to actually have marketing to them. Paper Mario is not a huge title nor was it the holiday title. Also, we are coming out on that 2 month example that you gave for paper mario, so we should know sooner or later if they have one.

Botw is going to get a huge marketing push and tons of trailers. If Botw2 was coming out this year I 100% believe we would know it by now and have seen more than one teaser trailer. I really dont think we are getting a big holiday title coming out this year

I’ll be getting 3D World Deluxe when that comes out.
But as for 3D All Stars, I think I’ll just stick to my original Wii and GameCube copies of Galaxy and Sunshine, plus the Wii VC release of 64.