Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

IcaroRibeiro said:
Bandorr said:
Unimpressed to say the least.
The Gaming watch, Kart, Shoes/Clothes etc all felt like cheap toys aimed at kids.
I enjoyed "all stars" because it collected the games into one. They are already all on the switch. So little gain there.

They didn't announce anything about 3d world other than "bowsers fury". What's changed? Oh and it's Feb of next year - at the earliest.

64 is a port. No galaxy 2. Odds are they are forcing Joycon use - oh and it's full price. Oh and incase people are thinking "I'll get it when it's cheap" they set a deadline of 6 months. They stop digital AND physical in march.

Shhhhh, don't tell them Nintendo is scamming us

People see the name Mario and just go crazy, let them be

Everyone values things different, this isn’t a scam to me 

Around the Network

Not interested in any of that aside from maybe 3D World since I still haven't played it (I skipped the Wii U).

Just as I thought, the 3D collection is super underwhelming, not even Galaxy 2 the better of the two games

RolStoppable said:
That was an okay Direct.

I had expected that Super Mario 64 gets remade while Sunshine and Galaxy would only get remastered, but it's remasters across the board in the collection. Makes the absence of Galaxy 2 sting more. Not that I was particularly interested in such a collection to begin with.

The Mario Kart spinoff doesn't interest me personally. It doesn't look like it can live up to the quality of the main series.

The re-release of Super Mario 3D World comes with some new content, but that's not going to be enough to make me buy the game again.

The biggest letdown (but also totally expected) is that the 35th anniversary of SMB doesn't get celebrated with a new SMB game. Doubly disappointing because it has already been eight years since the last game.

3D Mario > 2D Mario.

You need to accept this if we are ever going to get over our bad blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Too bad M64 isn't a remake because it does look rough these days.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Holy fuck! Thats a lot of games! The MK Live is the coolest thing ever! Nintendo really loves making physical objects that will sell out every stock they produce.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

3D Mario > 2D Mario.

Some enemies are worth keeping.

@Marth Where's the Famitsu thread?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

KLXVER said:
wombat123 said:
I had a feeling that if another Mario Kart game were going to release on the Switch, it wouldn't be a traditional one because MK8:D's success gave Nintendo's devs the green light to indulge themselves even though what they want may not be what the market wants (a new, traditional Mario Kart game). Also, I wonder what the 3D Mario team is working on because all of this (3D remasters+additional levels on Mario 3D World+SMB35) shouldn't have taken three years.

They are definitely working on the next 3D Mario. I dont think this took up much of their time. If it even was the main team working on it.

I agree.  Now that I think about it, the additional 3D Mario World levels seem like the only thing that was done by the 3D Mario team and that probably only required a small amount of resources and time.  It also doesn't seem like the Mario 3D remasters were meant to be the big ticket item all of us were expecting it to be judging by how they were just given resolution boosts and a limited physical release.

RolStoppable said:
Signalstar said:

3D Mario > 2D Mario.

Some enemies are worth keeping.

@Marth Where's the Famitsu thread?

Now online. Famitsu was late.

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Having the collection be available for a limited amount of time is the most disney thing nintendo has ever done. Its fucking pathetic. And i bet they wont even let you not use the joy cons on mario galaxy; which means there's the chance i wont even be able to play it, since nintendo doesnt know how to make proper controllers and the things drifts.

Signalstar said:
Why make Super Mario 3D All Stars a limited release? Pretty much forcing my hand to buy it this year. Maybe even do the unthinkable and preorder it. Shame that Sunshine is the only one I have interest in playing cause I never had it before. Good direct overall.

Probably because they're going to release an updated All-Stars with Galaxy 2 next year. Then, those with the original get it as a free update.

SW-5120-1900-6153