By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Holy fuck! Thats a lot of games! The MK Live is the coolest thing ever! Nintendo really loves making physical objects that will sell out every stock they produce.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
wombat123 said:
I had a feeling that if another Mario Kart game were going to release on the Switch, it wouldn't be a traditional one because MK8:D's success gave Nintendo's devs the green light to indulge themselves even though what they want may not be what the market wants (a new, traditional Mario Kart game). Also, I wonder what the 3D Mario team is working on because all of this (3D remasters+additional levels on Mario 3D World+SMB35) shouldn't have taken three years.

They are definitely working on the next 3D Mario. I dont think this took up much of their time. If it even was the main team working on it.

I agree.  Now that I think about it, the additional 3D Mario World levels seem like the only thing that was done by the 3D Mario team and that probably only required a small amount of resources and time.  It also doesn't seem like the Mario 3D remasters were meant to be the big ticket item all of us were expecting it to be judging by how they were just given resolution boosts and a limited physical release.

Having the collection be available for a limited amount of time is the most disney thing nintendo has ever done. Its fucking pathetic. And i bet they wont even let you not use the joy cons on mario galaxy; which means there's the chance i wont even be able to play it, since nintendo doesnt know how to make proper controllers and the things drifts.

Signalstar said:
Why make Super Mario 3D All Stars a limited release? Pretty much forcing my hand to buy it this year. Maybe even do the unthinkable and preorder it. Shame that Sunshine is the only one I have interest in playing cause I never had it before. Good direct overall.

Probably because they're going to release an updated All-Stars with Galaxy 2 next year. Then, those with the original get it as a free update.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Limited time offer? I get why they are doing this for the physical copies, but why on the digital platform? Honestly, this is kind off shitty towards anyone who is going to buy a switch after the time ends... you are literally buying a system with an inferior game collection than the ones who bought it before you.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Unimpressed to say the least.
The Gaming watch, Kart, Shoes/Clothes etc all felt like cheap toys aimed at kids.
I enjoyed "all stars" because it collected the games into one. They are already all on the switch. So little gain there.

They didn't announce anything about 3d world other than "bowsers fury". What's changed? Oh and it's Feb of next year - at the earliest.

64 is a port. No galaxy 2. Odds are they are forcing Joycon use - oh and it's full price. Oh and incase people are thinking "I'll get it when it's cheap" they set a deadline of 6 months. They stop digital AND physical in march.

And is there something wrong with aiming for kids demographic? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Wman1996 said:
Pros:
We're getting the first three 3D Mario games on Switch, and they're coming September 18th.
Cons:
$60 for three ports of old games, that's very steep. I'll pay it, but complaining at the same time.
No Super Mario Galaxy 2. There's no reason not to include it. Heck, they could've released two separate packages if they're worried about price. 64 and Sunshine for $20-30 and the Galaxy duology for $40-$50
Limited release. I can kind of understand the physical release being limited. Switch carts are more expensive than discs. There's no excuse for the digital edition to be a limited time.
Why did they wait so long to confirm this release if it's out in a few weeks? We should've had this confirmed at E3.

There was no e3

Pocky Lover Boy! 

If I were a scalper, I'd have a big smile on my face right now after seeing the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection announcement.

KLXVER said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Shhhhh, don't tell them Nintendo is scamming us

People see the name Mario and just go crazy, let them be

How is it a scam? They are not forcing you to buy anything.

Imo it is a scam

They know the collection is not as worth as new AAA game, so they are putting a deadline to people rush their purchases so Nintendo will get enough money on their Q3/Q4/Q1, until they release proper AAA titles

Plus announcing SMAS 1 on Switch online as a new game is a scam too. Those games are already available on Online on their original version, there is no reason to announce it as a new thing when they are not