By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

Signalstar said:
Why make Super Mario 3D All Stars a limited release? Pretty much forcing my hand to buy it this year. Maybe even do the unthinkable and preorder it. Shame that Sunshine is the only one I have interest in playing cause I never had it before. Good direct overall.

They did the same thing with Super Mario All-Stars on the Wii.

Around the Network

So SM All Atars 2 is a collection of low effort ports with high resolution graphics?

No way for me to buy this lmao

Not even Nintendo seems to have much faith on this, the physical edition is limited like... why?

On positive note, it's only a Semptember released. So we still have nothing for November. They are still saving something for Christmas

We got the best Mario game (Sunshine) and the Second best Mario game (3D World) coming to Switch, I'm happy.

Mario 35 looks amazing!!!! I want that Game n Watch

Why in the world would they make that stuff with limited availability?
Scalpers around the world are rubbing their hands so hard right now they're getting third-degree burns.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

So sad that they skipped Galaxy 2, especially when they would have had every home-console 3D Mario on Switch if they hadn't. Still an awesome collection though and good to finally get confirmation. Hope they ship enough physical copies.

AR Mario Kart actually seems like a cool idea. Its no Mario Kart 9, but I wasn't expecting that on the Switch anyways.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Mario 35 looks amazing!!!! I want that Game n Watch

Yeah, me too. Not paying more than like 50 bucks for it though.

I had a feeling that if another Mario Kart game were going to release on the Switch, it wouldn't be a traditional one because MK8:D's success gave Nintendo's devs the green light to indulge themselves even though what they want may not be what the market wants (a new, traditional Mario Kart game). Also, I wonder what the 3D Mario team is working on because all of this (3D remasters+additional levels on Mario 3D World+SMB35) shouldn't have taken three years.

I was really hoping for some more effort in the 3d collection. No upgrades to the graphics besides a resolution bump and no quality of life improvements to the gameplay. Both 64 and Sunshine really could have benefited from both. Aside from the music player they did as little as they could possibly get away with.

The rest of the direct was actually really good.  Battle royal Mario Bros. makes sense after Tetris worked out so well, game and watch mario and Mario Kart live are neat ideas.  I'm jut disappointed in the one thing I was really looking forward to.

Good stuff indeed .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.