By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

Many titles of the 7th gen weren't even 720P... Halo 3, Call of Duty and so forth being prime examples.
Plus many games opted for morphological anti-aliasing rather than MSAA or such... So images were terrible.

There is a big difference between 1080P and 2160P, but the extent of which depends on a myriad of factors like individual eyesight acuity, display size, display technology, display resolution, distance seated away from the display, even the ambient lighting.

I would assume a vast majority of 360 games were 720p or just slightly below. I'm aware of some exceptions.

Whether Series S is doing 720p or 1080p, it should look good thanks to better AA and reconstruction techniques.

Majority of 7th gen games were sub 720p.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I would assume a vast majority of 360 games were 720p or just slightly below. I'm aware of some exceptions.

Whether Series S is doing 720p or 1080p, it should look good thanks to better AA and reconstruction techniques.

Majority of 7th gen games were sub 720p.

I am doubtful.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

KratosLives said:
Barozi said:

It depends on distance AND TV size.

Also believe it or not but there's a combination of these two where there isn't much of a difference between 720p and 1080p.

Try sitting 1 meter in front of my TV. You would easily be able to see the difference between 4k and 8k, so this grand epic 1080p would look like shit on that distance.

I tried that at a electronic store. There was no difference between them. As for gaming, you will only notice if you zoom in.p

And how exactly did you test that? Did the 8k TV even display a native 8k picture or was it just a 4k picture upscaled to 8k?
Even then, what kind of comparison did you have? Another 4k TV with that same video in 4k?

I'm sitting roughly 3m away from my 75" TV and I can see the difference between 1080p and 4k. When I move closer to roughly 1.5m, which is the distance I enjoy my 4k games and feel fully immersed, the difference between 1080p and 4k is incredibly noticeable. So much that a 1080p output will cause eye strain after only a few minutes.

Barozi said:
KratosLives said:

And how exactly did you test that? Did the 8k TV even display a native 8k picture or was it just a 4k picture upscaled to 8k?
Even then, what kind of comparison did you have? Another 4k TV with that same video in 4k?

I'm sitting roughly 3m away from my 75" TV and I can see the difference between 1080p and 4k. When I move closer to roughly 1.5m, which is the distance I enjoy my 4k games and feel fully immersed, the difference between 1080p and 4k is incredibly noticeable. So much that a 1080p output will cause eye strain after only a few minutes.

Damn yes i can imagine that,with such a big screen and such a short distance you must sometimes feel like being in the screen yourself. :p

Immersiveunreality said:
Barozi said:

Damn yes i can imagine that,with such a big screen and such a short distance you must sometimes feel like being in the screen yourself. :p

VR is even crazier, seems like you are on a 300" and under 10ft.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I like the setup ... gamers are always treated like children when it comes to game console hardware. Let us have the damn choice.

With almost any other type of electronics, you have a wide choice of performance you can buy so long as you have the money. Ditto for PCs, you can configure and buy to your heart's content. If I want a smartphone with feature X/Y/Z, I can find one that suits my needs. Same thing with tablets, even if I want just an iPad, there are like 6 different iPads I have a choice from and I can pick which one suits my needs best. 

But game consoles, we're still treated like 9 year olds that need to beg their parents to buy them a Super Nintendo.

Let us have a choice and don't give me this bullshit that games can't scale, they've scaled for 30+ years on hundreds of different configurations on the PC side and now that consoles are basically nothing but stripped down mid-end PCs anyway, let us have the choice.

I would like to see a better diversity of choice. Some people don't need/care for resolutions above 1080p/1440p, the Lockhart is a good option for them, some people have the money and want the higher end option, Series X is perfect there. If anything this type of hardware setup is long overdue for the game business.

I don’t see the controversy here. Everyone who upgraded to Xbox X and who want the best performance will likely get Series X. Lockhart is for everyone else.

- Casual gamers who play the multiplat staples
- Parents buying purely on price for their kids
- Multiconsole gamers who think Series X is a little much for their needs. Especially if they don’t plan on it being their primary console
- Cheap Xcloud/Game Pass console bang for buck

If the price is right this will be absolutely essential to their market share. MS doesn’t care how you play so long as you play with them.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Probably wont need that much heating control, much smaller and waste lot less energy.
Maybe it can fit in a portable gaming console?
Maybe, with some adjustments, and newer technology, could we have a nintendo-switch-like xbox?

jonathanalis said:
Probably wont need that much heating control, much smaller and waste lot less energy.
Maybe it can fit in a portable gaming console?
Maybe, with some adjustments, and newer technology, could we have a nintendo-switch-like xbox?

How would Nin react to that though? Aren't they and MS buds now?

Barozi said:
KratosLives said:

maybe that's cause it's a 75 inch"... But i went upclose to a side by side 65inch samsung, and upclose could not make a difference between the 4k and 8k.