By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon New Snap announced, coming to Switch

Tagged games:

Day 1, baby.

Around the Network
h2ohno said:
Graphics look surprisingly nice. My jaw actually dropped when I saw the water sunset scene. It's not the best-looking Switch game, but I was not expecting anything that pretty from a Pokemon title.

Humm. It's the best looking Switch game for me right now (well, actually the second most beautiful game behind Mario Odyssey). Which games are you thinking that might be better looking? 

IcaroRibeiro said:
h2ohno said:
Graphics look surprisingly nice. My jaw actually dropped when I saw the water sunset scene. It's not the best-looking Switch game, but I was not expecting anything that pretty from a Pokemon title.

Humm. It's the best looking Switch game for me right now (well, actually the second most beautiful game behind Mario Odyssey). Which games are you thinking that might be better looking? 

Many games.  The water sections look especially good, but this is not a major polygon or texture pusher.  BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Hellblade, Dragon Quest 11, Atral Chain, Witcher 3, Smash Ultimate, Metro, off the top of my head.  I'm sure there are plenty of other games that look better than this.  I'm not upset about that.  It probably had a pretty low budget and it still looks better than I would have expected given how previous Pokemon games on Switch have looked.

Not my cup of tea but good for those who have wanted this game for years. The visuals are amazing.

They actually made a sequel. Great for the people who have wanted it for so long. Ill probably check it out. Looks like a fun time.

Around the Network

PAPER MARIO, ANIMAL CROSSING, AND NEW POKEMON SNAP GAME IN THE SAME YEAR?! YAAAAAAAAS!!!!

2020 is going to go down as one of the best gaming years of my life despite the year sucking for almost every other reason.

Marth said:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/226768/

Game is developed by Bandai Namco Studios

Ugh, finally Nintendo outsourcing on the pokemon console development 

This looks super cute but I never played the original Snap. Think I might need some gameplay mechanics other than taking pictures for me to get into this in 2020

The game looks great but the sunset screenshot in particular looks a little ... low res? Kinda blurry? Which sucks because it's the most artistically interesting scene.

Never played the original, but its a pretty neat concept. That said, I can't help but be disappointed in the graphics. I would have complained about Game Freak being able to make anything that looks good, but apparently this is Bamco, so theres really no excuse. A game like this in my opinion needs to be gorgeous. It isn't. It looks okay, but at this point I don't expect to buy it. Hopefully something surprises me and changes my mind, but I doubt it.

And yes, a lot of this is leftover salt from Pokemon Sword...