By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon New Snap announced, coming to Switch

Tagged games:

These "pokemon presents" are interesting. I wonder if they are going to be a way for game freak to slowly drop information to fans. Like a nintendo direct, but more frequent. I hope on the next one on 24th they will announce a release date for snap.

Around the Network

wasn't the original quite short? i think i remember playing it and returning to to the mediamarkt within a weekend to trade it for something else

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
wasn't the original quite short? i think i remember playing it and returning to to the mediamarkt within a weekend to trade it for something else

It was short indeed. Maybe 4 hours to beat, could double if you want to take every possible picture. 

Not my thing, but good to see a new game announcement nonetheless. There's an enormous amount of nostalgia for the N64 original within the gaming community, so this might actually move a few Switches. 

Between this and Paper Mario the second half of 2020 might keep up steam after all.

IcaroRibeiro said:
h2ohno said:
Graphics look surprisingly nice. My jaw actually dropped when I saw the water sunset scene. It's not the best-looking Switch game, but I was not expecting anything that pretty from a Pokemon title.

Humm. It's the best looking Switch game for me right now (well, actually the second most beautiful game behind Mario Odyssey). Which games are you thinking that might be better looking? 

If I had to make a current top ten for the system it'd probably be:

1. Trine 4

2. Mario Odyssey

3. FAST RMX

4. Yoshi's Crafted World

5. Luigi's Mansion 3

6. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

7. Alien Isolation

8. Outlast II

9. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

10. Asphalt 9

Probably the single best way they could unite the Pokémon base again after dexit. Immense amount of nostalgia for the original and this has been fan requested for literally decades now. And the game looks gorgeous. Will make a bold prediction than this could sell like mainline Pokémon and do close to S/S numbers.

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
Probably the single best way they could unite the Pokémon base again after dexit. Immense amount of nostalgia for the original and this has been fan requested for literally decades now. And the game looks gorgeous. Will make a bold prediction than this could sell like mainline Pokémon and do close to S/S numbers.

Close to Lets go is more likely and probably enough for this game.

Translating wild life Pokemon behaviour into games has a lot of potential, that mainline Pokemon games lack

The original game was ok but unfortunately too short and small on content. A lot can be done now to make this new entry epic.
I just hope they make a true effort instead of only relying on nostalgia, nice visuals and the Pokemon brand for easy cash grab

Last edited by 160rmf - on 18 June 2020

We reap what we sow

jenpol said:
labo VR compatible?

Or...

It does look good, with a definite safari vibe which fits very well.

I’m just hoping there is bit more substance to the gameplay, as I don’t think the N64’s gameplay will holdup today.

Hopefully it can make 2020; I get the feeling it's intended for this year but they can't confirm it yet cos of potential COVID delays.
Bandai Namco have turned out to be a very valuable partner for Nintendo, from making games like this and Pokken to assisting with Smash Bros.