Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon New Snap announced, coming to Switch

Tagged games:

The game looks great but the sunset screenshot in particular looks a little ... low res? Kinda blurry? Which sucks because it's the most artistically interesting scene.

Around the Network

Never played the original, but its a pretty neat concept. That said, I can't help but be disappointed in the graphics. I would have complained about Game Freak being able to make anything that looks good, but apparently this is Bamco, so theres really no excuse. A game like this in my opinion needs to be gorgeous. It isn't. It looks okay, but at this point I don't expect to buy it. Hopefully something surprises me and changes my mind, but I doubt it.

And yes, a lot of this is leftover salt from Pokemon Sword...

IcaroRibeiro said:
h2ohno said:
Graphics look surprisingly nice. My jaw actually dropped when I saw the water sunset scene. It's not the best-looking Switch game, but I was not expecting anything that pretty from a Pokemon title.

Humm. It's the best looking Switch game for me right now (well, actually the second most beautiful game behind Mario Odyssey). Which games are you thinking that might be better looking? 

Luigi's Mansion 3 is definitely a contender. Gorgeous game with great animation.

trunkswd said:

And just like that we know the "BIG" Switch game for Holiday 2020. Okay, yes I am joking. I liked the original on the N64, but no way is this game worth $60 and we know Nintendo will charge $60 for it.

gen4 remake might still be a thing :P hopefully

aikohualda said:
trunkswd said:

And just like that we know the "BIG" Switch game for Holiday 2020. Okay, yes I am joking. I liked the original on the N64, but no way is this game worth $60 and we know Nintendo will charge $60 for it.

Which one is gen 4? I am a casual Pokemon fan and only have played gen 1 games (Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and Lets Go Eevee) and now Sword. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Otter said:
Marth said:

https://www.vgchartz.com/game/226768/

Game is developed by Bandai Namco Studios

Ugh, finally Nintendo outsourcing on the pokemon console development 

Bandai-Namco already made Pokken Tournament on the Wii U.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

trunkswd said:
aikohualda said:

Which one is gen 4? I am a casual Pokemon fan and only have played gen 1 games (Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and Lets Go Eevee) and now Sword. 

diamond, pearl, platinum :) one of the best pokemon imo

aikohualda said:
trunkswd said:

diamond, pearl, platinum :) one of the best pokemon imo

Ah yes thank you. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

As far as it concerns me, every single Pokemon game can crash, burn, die and be erased from existence and I wouldn't even flinch.

But Pokemon Snap, I loved that game, mainly by the photography gameplay and trying to outdo the quality of one's pictures and try to find ways to lure the Pokemon out and make them do things. I will play this game one day, even if emulated. lol

Last edited by AbbathTheGrim - on 17 June 2020

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I liked the original back in the day. Mainly because there were not many alternatives to seeing your favorite Pokemon in various different scenarios in 3D. I wonder how a game like that would feel today. But I definitely want to find out if I get the opportunity, and see what Bandai Namco's 2020 take on the concept is like.