By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

PAOerfulone said:
Just reading through the comments tells me I chose wisely in skipping it.
What a total waste of time. It's like why do they even bother?

Honestly if i was Biden i wouldn't debate Trump again.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
PAOerfulone said:
Just reading through the comments tells me I chose wisely in skipping it.
What a total waste of time. It's like why do they even bother?

Honestly if i was Biden i wouldn't debate Trump again.

Hey, I feel you. I wouldn't want to debate Trump either if I were Biden.

With how much he interrupts and talks over the opponent, I wouldn't be able to get my points out there properly. What would be the point?

gergroy said:
Snoopy said:
Trump won this debate easily. Joe Biden was rattled and crying for his mommy.

NobleTeam360 said:
Biden easily won this debate, Trump had no way to argue actual points, just lob personal attacks at Biden's family. Oh and Trump refused to condemn white supremacy groups, lets not forget that priceless moment in the debate, that alone hands the victory to Biden.

A perfect illustration of how pointless debates are.  Everybody hears and sees what they want to hear.

Debates never change the minds of people who have already made up their mind.  They can easily dismiss what they hear in the debate and usually most candidates never do anything big to sway the faithful.  Debates are for those people who are undecided still sitting on the fence who care still about the political system.  Those probably only make up about 3% of the voting block but they are still there.

JWeinCom said:
Airaku said:
Yikes that was a national embarrassment. What the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FbCPzAsRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7gDXtRS0jo

Look at them with other opponents. With Biden and Palin there was a civil back and forth about the questions that were asked.

With Trump and Clinton's first debate it was much better than this, but still a lot of interrupting and off tangent rants.

So, I'll let you decide what the problem was.

It was a terrible debate all around, even when it came to the moderator. Both sides had their positives and negatives and they basically cancelled each other out overall.

This debate did remind me a lot of the first 2016 debate. Trump acted like Trump and Biden like Hillary. One was a loudmouth and the other waved him off and rolled their eyes like they were obviously above him. I'd bet Trump is planning to just copy paste the same tactics again. Which means he's creating an underdog situation to some degree. If it's what he's doing he'll be more Presidential and much more picky about his attacks next time. By the third debate he'll be very calm, cool and majority Presidential, as much as Trump can be anyway. This also covers voter personal bases. He'll appease a wider audience by being aggressive and passive over the debates, where as Biden likely will only speak to the passive crowd unless he can kick it up a few notches. 

That debate was tough to watch no matter what tactics anyone was employing. Mind you Canadian debates are just as bad to watch because they are the exact opposite. 

Was that supposed to be a debate or a social distanced drunken bar brawl? Because I can't call this a debate, they were not debating any policies, but more like constantly at each other's throats...

Around the Network
tonymarraffa said:

Definitely a Biden win. Trump was sweating so much I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Trump came across as uneducated  with no self control. Even knowing Trump, I was shocked at how little he knew and would constantly make things up on the fly. Biden was competent and not much more.

Has trump literally ever come across as anything but uneducated, immature, and in over his head? 

I do not understand how any decent, reasonable person could hear the things Trump said and see the things he did and say 'yep, he was the stronger, more respectable candidate'. I also don't get this idea that the only way you're allowed to criticise Trump is if you also criticize Biden. I hadn't been following much of the election up to this point so I only saw clips of Biden speaking and being weird (You know, the bullshit republicans like to spew to make him look unhinged and/or weak), and I have to say, Biden's looking like a genuinely viable candidate. He seems dignified, respectable, and strong, as opposed to Trumps dumbass, loudmouthed ignoramus. 

Believe it or not, there are right and wrong answers here. you don't have to pretend both of these candidates are on equal grounds just because it's considered uncouth to be biased. Sometimes it's not bias to go with the better option. If one candidate is nothing but lies, ignorance, disrespect, and rambling incoherence while the other is dignified, educated, and respectful, it's not bipartisan hackery to choose the right candidate. If someone completely removed from US politics saw this, they'd assume it to be a joke for how absolutely abhorrent Trump sounds every time he opens his ignorant, moronic, narcissistic mouth. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Hiku said:

The toughest question by far was "Do you condemn white supremacists?"

like, how is this a tough question? the answer is "Yes, I condemn anyone who would seek to sow discourse in this country for any bigoted reason, be it race, gender, sexuality, or religion." 

BAM! I'm not even prepping for this like it's a test. That was just my off-the-top-of-the-head response. Probably not the best worded response but it's simple. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The fact that Trump cannot condemn white supremacy speaks volumes to who he is as a person and who he intentionally panders to.

What are you Americans going to do about it? And I'm talking about something aside from broadcasting your disgust to the world over the Internet.

He supports white supremacy. Also, is this actually his campaign logo? I mean, come on! This is getting preposterously blatant.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 September 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

What are you Americans going to do about it? And I'm talking about something aside from broadcasting your disgust to the world over the Internet.

He supports white supremacy. Also, is this actually his campaign logo? I mean, come on! This is getting preposterously blatant.

America will do nothing about it.  So for the people who feel the president supported white supremacy groups, they also believe he did as well.  For people who feel Trump does not support white supremacy groups well, there is video showing him not supporting them.  This is how Trump plays the game, he get both sides to follow him by being vague to both and conflicting statements to both so each side can show the message that pleases them.  Right now on Facebook, from my conservative friends they are playing video where Trump has come out against white supremacy groups.  When I asked them why it was such a tough question to ask during the debate, well they have no answer.  This is classic Trump, give each side what they want to hear and they will defend you to the death.  When they cannot answer the question, they pull out the Trump card of fake news.  Actually I have to give Trump credit for this because its actually pretty slick.