By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

barneystinson69 said:

How

The average in national polls is 50-43. Did you think people would change their mind?

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

How

Because this debate didn't change anyone's mind and Joe's been up 7% nationally pretty consistently most of the year. Such a debate poll seems reflective of that.

JWeinCom said:
barneystinson69 said:

How

The average in national polls is 50-43. Did you think people would change their mind?

TallSilhouette said:
barneystinson69 said:

How

Because this debate didn't change anyone's mind and Joe's been up 7% nationally pretty consistently most of the year. Such a debate poll seems reflective of that.

I understand that, but watching that shitshow?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

The debate was pretty shit for both parties, but I think Biden had more standout positive moments. Overall, I struggle to believe that this will change any minds. Biden's performance was so middling it counter's Trump's "dementia" and "drugs/earpiece" arguments (haha), while Trump was absolutely intolerable but that isn't exactly a surprise so...

Biden wins because Trump needs change and Biden needs stability.

No mention of ending the US black market or ending our Crusade in the middle east. Bunch of Losers!

They argued about things they will never affect. An hour and a half of WWF tongue wrestling. Smack talk by two veteran liars. I’m voting for Jorgensen. At least she’s held the same stance for 40 years. These other two tell you just what you want to hear and will both stand for the world bank.

Biden even mentioned the World Bank as on par with our National Allies.

Around the Network

Yikes that was a national embarrassment. What the hell?

sundin13 said:
The debate was pretty shit for both parties, but I think Biden had more standout positive moments. Overall, I struggle to believe that this will change any minds. Biden's performance was so middling it counter's Trump's "dementia" and "drugs/earpiece" arguments (haha), while Trump was absolutely intolerable but that isn't exactly a surprise so...

Biden wins because Trump needs change and Biden needs stability.

Yeah Trump was better in 2016.

He has no record and Clinton already had a spotty record and was disliked. All he had to do there was to interrupt her and point out her mishandling and say how he would approach it.

This time Trump came in with a recession and race issues and has a record. He had some highlights like attacking Biden on the crime bill but was unable to be cohesive and use his record to make a arguement about why he should be re elected. 

Biden was cohesive and much calmer and had better answers overall. He also was good at attacking Trunps record.

Just reading through the comments tells me I chose wisely in skipping it.
What a total waste of time. It's like why do they even bother?

Airaku said:
Yikes that was a national embarrassment. What the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FbCPzAsRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7gDXtRS0jo

Look at them with other opponents. With Biden and Palin there was a civil back and forth about the questions that were asked.

With Trump and Clinton's first debate it was much better than this, but still a lot of interrupting and off tangent rants.

So, I'll let you decide what the problem was.

Hiku said:

The toughest question by far was "Do you condemn white supremacists?"

I usually deride people who are one issue voters... because there are a lot of issues that face the country. 

But, at this point it should be a one issue election.