Youtuber Arlo tries and succeeds to address the Switch/WiiU Hypocrisy. To summarise, this meme tries to make it seem like the Wii U and the Switch library is so similar that you can't choose one over the other, however, this fails to address the following :
- Splatoon 2 is more of a sequel than a port of the game due to its many improvements and additions
- One Kirby game is a boring spinoff and the other is an actual is a main-series title
- Mario Maker and Mario and Rabbids are not the same things other than they are Mario.
- Breath of the wild didn't appear on until the Wii U's last year. Even then, why would anyone buy a Wii U for Breath of the Wild? The switch, on the other hand, has the game at launch.
- Comparing the Underwhelming gameplay of Super Mario 3d World to the exiting return to sandbox approach to Super Mario Odyssey.
- Most of the games on that list (except Breath of the Wild 3d World ) are good, but not system sellers. The Switch has Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart8, and Splatoon 2 year 1 and the rest of those games are supplements.
- The games for the Wii U were released during the Wii U's entire 4-year run with plenty and plenty of droughts of software. The Switch has all of those games in a single year.
- The Wii U is not as good of an appealing product as the Switch.
- Stop generalizing fanbases, a fanbase can't be hypocritical when the individuals of the said fanbase can all have differing opinions.