By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm glad that XC3 explains everything like I'm 5.

"Stay up all night. Rush in Tokyo running through the lights. Stay up all night. Got me fucked up 'til the sunlight"

Ride The Chariot | MyAnimeList |

Xbox: Versus Evil | PS: VRS-EV

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

I'm glad that XC3 explains everything like I'm 5.

Meh. They went course correcting hard on this one after the million of complains about 2's tutorials lol. 

Better be it that way than saying you should go seek a YouTube video to understand everything there's need to

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Okay.......that Splatoon 3 Direct was pretty sick! It started off with me rolling my eyes thinking this is just regular Splatoon, then it quickly escalated lol. Can't believe they made a spin-off card game similar to how Gwent was in Witcher 3. I'm excited for the game now!

Campaign seems more the same from previous entries though.

Last edited by gtotheunit91 - on 10 August 2022

12 hours into Xenoblade 3 and aboit halfway through chapter 3.

They really nailed the characters in this one, they're all likeable and the little interpersonal moments really shine.

Being able to swap characters mid combat is a great, and having an easy difficulty from day 1 is for me one of the best things that has ever happened to the series as it eliminates the need to grind and the frustrating difficulty spikes that the previous game sometimes suffered from. 

So far I'm liking it significantly more than Xenoblade 2 or X, though I did still enjoy both those games. Whether it can top the original for the throne of best in the series remains to be seen.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

curl-6 said:

They really nailed the characters in this one, they're all likeable and the little interpersonal moments really shine.

Being able to swap characters mid combat is a great, and having an easy difficulty from day 1 is for me one of the best things that has ever happened to the series as it eliminates the need to grind and the frustrating difficulty spikes that the previous game sometimes suffered from. 

So far I'm liking it significantly more than Xenoblade 2 or X, though I did still enjoy both those games. Whether it can top the original for the throne of best in the series remains to be seen.

Are you playing the story path only ? 12 hours seem pretty short otherwise. Especially since it's in Chapter 3 where the exploration opens up a LOT.

But yeah, they really made all the characters endearing in different ways. I was glad that Lanz didn't end up being just Reyn 2.0 from the start. The guy's got way more agency to his character so far. Eunie feels like the Nia of this game but she feels way more crude haha.

Though, the antagonists do sure take a back seat in this one ... XC2 really had an excellent between it's antagonists and the main cast. I hope this ramps up soon enough. End of Chapter 3 and the beginning Chapter 4 are steps in the right direction though

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Are you playing the story path only ? 12 hours seem pretty short otherwise. Especially since it's in Chapter 3 where the exploration opens up a LOT.

But yeah, they really made all the characters endearing in different ways. I was glad that Lanz didn't end up being just Reyn 2.0 from the start. The guy's got way more agency to his character so far. Eunie feels like the Nia of this game but she feels way more crude haha.

Though, the antagonists do sure take a back seat in this one ... XC2 really had an excellent between it's antagonists and the main cast. I hope this ramps up soon enough. End of Chapter 3 and the beginning Chapter 4 are steps in the right direction though

Yeah I've kept sidequesting to a minimum, though I am doing every hero quest. And being easy mode I mostly don't have to stop and fight to level up.

And yeah I like that they gave Lanz more depth than Reyn in that there's a deeper reason for his hothead tough guy exterior, and I freaking love Eunie, she's my favourite character so far, love her foul mouth and the way she subverts the cliche of the gentle kind healer. 

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

Kirby's Dream Buffet launches 17th of August

curl-6 said:

Kirby's Dream Buffet launches 17th of August

It'll prolly be the first time in a while I don't buy a Kirby game on first day. Xenoblade occupies too much of my time ATM.

Though, it does look like a solid enough Party-Racer ! 

Looks really charming.

Last time I posted about hitting 100 hours in XC3, but not long after that I realized that I was merely 20 minutes away from the doorstep to the final boss. After a good hour of doing some more sidequesting, I decided to complete the game's story, so 103 hours it was.

Then the usual thing happened whenever I am confronted with a game I like: The desire to start over from scratch for 100% completion is greater than the desire to wrap up the already existing file. So I started anew, this time on easy to breeze through much of the game and to get a feel for big the difference between the difficulty settings is. Easy looks to be the same as it was in XC2, so damage output is 20-25% higher while damage taken is 20-25% lower. Not that big of a difference, but the likelihood to win against enemies and bosses who have 5+ levels more is a notable step up.

Skipping cutscenes and dialogue significantly reduces playtime. I reached level 37 through 10 hours with all sidequests done up till that point (on easy difficulty). Therefore it should be very much doable to get more things done in 50 hours of a new playthrough than in 100 hours of the first playthrough. And unless there's some obscene sidequest that takes ages to complete, the whole of XC3 should be doable in under 75 hours.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments