By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Thank goodness Nintendo finally made the cars move in Coconut Mall! A little more extreme than I remember lol

This could be fun. :)

Around the Network

Checked Nintendo Switch Online just on a whim, noticed they actually released icons for Xenoblade 3 with only 2 hours left for Set 1. That was close. Now I have a month of online that I don't want.

Shaunodon said:

Checked Nintendo Switch Online just on a whim, noticed they actually released icons for Xenoblade 3 with only 2 hours left for Set 1. That was close. Now I have a month of online that I don't want.

Rad icons heh 😏

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'm neither a JRPG fan (JRPG in the traditional sense) nor a Xenoblade fan (on the basis I've never finished a single one) but I just downloaded XC3 and actually plan on finishing it. This year's been a pretty lite year for game releases so figured something completely out of my comfort zone would be a nice change of pace. I'll report back once I finish it.

Ride The Chariot

I've unlocked almost all of the classes in XC3 by now; and by "all", I mean the 23 silhouettes that are displayed since the early goings of the game. I am past the halfway mark in the story and XC3 is closing the gap between itself and its predecessors, but I do have to say that the expected turning point in the story was delivered by an excessively long stretch of cutscenes, even by Xenoblade standards.

Since I am taking my time to play all sidequests, I don't think I'll reach the end of the story under 100 hours of playtime. In fact, there's still so much to do in the game's world, that even 120 hours look out of the question.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I've unlocked almost all of the classes in XC3 by now; and by "all", I mean the 23 silhouettes that are displayed since the early goings of the game. I am past the halfway mark in the story and XC3 is closing the gap between itself and its predecessors, but I do have to say that the expected turning point in the story was delivered by an excessively long stretch of cutscenes, even by Xenoblade standards.

Since I am taking my time to play all sidequests, I don't think I'll reach the end of the story under 100 hours of playtime. In fact, there's still so much to do in the game's world, that even 120 hours look out of the question.

That IGN reviewer really must've liked the game if he willingly got through it with 150h of playtime. Usually most would be more hard-pressed to finish these games as quick as possible.

And yes, long cutscenes are definitely something I look forward to just as much when I finish a long sequence of unbroken gameplay but the reverse is also true. 

https://youtu.be/BctIUWYRvnE

100 hours played, party at level 72, ~150 hero/normal missions completed. Still, there's quite a bunch of stuff left to do in terms of missions. And of course the vast majority of unique monsters roaming the landscape are still alive.

The sweet spot to complete the story was level 80 in the previous two games, so I am getting closer to the end. I remain unsure if I'll do it in under 120 hours. I've already spent so much time on optional missions that there's no real point in rushing to the end now. I might as well try to do them all.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Free Update for Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak adds 4 new monsters, a new arena, and more, out now

Last edited by curl-6 - 5 days ago

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023. (And over 130 million lifetime)

As for me, due to work, life n all I can't blast it like others would but I think taking the experience on the long side is better.

I've finished Chapter 3 and been questing a lot now trying to unlock classes and such ... I'm also overleveled because of the bonus experience gained from the overkilled mechanic lol. Wished you could level down as well as leveling up in the camps.
40h journey so far